Price Protection Plan

cjar855

I cruise in 4 days. Last night a cabin became available in the same catagory that I booked at $240.00 less. I put in a claim form, for onboard credit. What do you think my chances are that it will go through in time?:confused:

Some are saying they are up to 7 days behind in processing. good luck.

They probably do the ones for cruises closer in first so Id say good chance. I take it that $240 is less than you paid for a ES rate?

Yes it is..

Save and print a screen shot of the lower price you found. I'd take it with you in case it isn't processed by the time you sail. Hopefully, you get an acknowlegement email that they received your ES form submission. Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

Save and print a screen shot of the lower price you found. I'd take it with you in case it isn't processed by the time you sail. Hopefully, you get an acknowlegement email that they received your ES form submission. Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

They are not going to process it once onboard. Others have said they were told the ship has no access to the price drop dept.

Either it gets processed in time or it doesnt.

I would not bother to take it with me.. as the ship cannot process it.

I did print out the screen with the lower price. They also sent me back an email that they recieved my claim form. Got my fingers crossed:)

They are not going to process it once onboard. Others have said they were told the ship has no access to the price drop dept.

Either it gets processed in time or it doesnt.

I would not bother to take it with me.. as the ship cannot process it.

Has anyone gotten a credit processed during or after their cruise? Just curious how they treat those who submit in a timely manner.

on my last cruise i had submitted a form for a small adjustment (i think maybe 20 pp or something) and i never heard back, by sail day i didn't feel like calling or fighting about it so i just said "oh well" but that same day , i rcvd the automatic email with our rate adjusted, so i did get it.

They guarantee it up to 2 days prior to your sailing, so you should be fine. Like others have said, they probably take the very close ones first. If you don't hear from them before you leave, check your account once you get onboard.

The guest services desk may not be able to do anything directly, but they can email the issue back to the home office and things will probably get squared away during your cruise. I had an issue with an onboard credit not showing up one time, and that is how it was handled.

I started putting in for a $100 price drop (booked under ES and final payment not yet made, but due this weekend) 12 days ago, and have submitted it four or five times since and STILL haven't heard anything or received the credit. I qualify according to Carnival CS phone call and completed the corrects form(s)....also according to Carnival CS. Good luck.

I started putting in for a $100 price drop (booked under ES and final payment not yet made, but due this weekend) 12 days ago, and have submitted it four or five times since and STILL haven't heard anything or received the credit. I qualify according to Carnival CS phone call and completed the corrects form(s)....also according to Carnival CS. Good luck.

I submitted an form under Early Saver and it took a full week to hear back. They are really backed up from what I understand

"I submitted an form under Early Saver and it took a full week to hear back. They are really backed up from what I understand "

I wonder why they are backed up if they have to look at the same thing 4 or 5 times... if you get an email saying that they have received your email that you submitted for early saver that should do.... just saying :) if you don't get the email back give them a call

Call your PVP or Carnival customer service to get it taken care of before sailing. Do not wait.

Called again this morning. They told me to put in a second request. The agent said there was nothing she could do on her end.:confused:

Maybe you should call again. You read on here so often about getting different results from different agents. Good luck!

You cant call the price drop dept.. calling reps that cant do anything.. they will say whatever they can, but they cant do anything.

If it makes you feel better, call .. but you cant call the people who actually process the price drops, they dont take calls.

You cant call the price drop dept.. calling reps that cant do anything.. they will say whatever they can, but they cant do anything.

If it makes you feel better, call .. but you cant call the people who actually process the price drops, they dont take calls.

Thanks, I've learned that. It is a closed dept,and they only respond by email. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.I've never had a problem before.

Archived