Vaccine for Barbados?

Detroit Donna

hi,

we got the same notice from CArnival and I called Carnival to clarify plus I went on the CDC site and both confirmed that only if we fit the criteria do we need to get the vaccine.

If you read the Barbados site for entry requirements it says that ONLY if you fit the requirements of having travelled to a high risk area listed in the CDC site OR if you have been in transit in one of the high risk airports >12 hours then do you require the vaccine. THe high risk areas are listed in the CDC site and are certain areas in Africa and S. or Central America? .

I also called CArnival and they verified this because I wanted to make sure that this was not a CArnival requirement.

SO we do not have to get the vaccine as per the criteria which we do not fit.

If you do require the vaccine, you should do so a few weeks before your cruise to make sure that it becomes effective before you leave.

We are crusing on the Valor 6/9/2013 and received this same letter from our TA about a week ago. But like others said here, we won't need the vaccine since we are US citizens.

just to comment, even if you are a US citizen, does not exclude you from the vaccine. If you go on the CDC site, if you have travelled to any of the high risk areas for yellow fever or have even been in one of their airports for >12 hours, then you are requireed to have the yellow fever vaccine for certain countries, Barbados and St.Kitt's being one of them.

So you could be a US citizen that fits the criteria to get the vaccine because of where you have travelled.

I would hate for someone to have read this and not get the vaccine when they infact are required to based on their prior travel history regardless of their citizenship.

We are crusing on the Valor 6/9/2013 and received this same letter from our TA about a week ago. But like others said here, we won't need the vaccine since we are US citizens and have not traveled to the Countries listed on the cdc site.

Edited the above comment to finish out my sentence.

I will repeat this as someone who lives in Barbados and have done so for ALL my life. I am up to date on current affairs and always keep my ears to the ground.

I will repeat once again. The vaccine is NOT REQUIRED TO GAIN ENTRY INTO BARBADOS and NO ONE will bar you from entering the island if you do not have it. The will not even ask if you have it.

Its really much ado about nothing if you ask me.:rolleyes:

Archived