Transfer from Prague to Airport.

kiberkid

I believe we will be staying in the Intercontinental. Not sure I am comfortable just hailing a cab. There will be 4 of us which includes my parents who are in their 80's so I want the transfer to be as seamless as possible. Our TA has suggested Gateway @ $34 a person.

Any suggestions?

I believe we will be staying in the Intercontinental. Not sure I am comfortable just hailing a cab. There will be 4 of us which includes my parents who are in their 80's so I want the transfer to be as seamless as possible. Our TA has suggested Gateway @ $34 a person.

Any suggestions?

http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.com

Very good and competitive $60 for 4 persons RT, I think it's 30-32 USD for ONE WAY all of you (+tip). They will price out the trip in several currencys if you want to get rid of € or CZK but no cc. If you have a lot of luggage they will probably use a van; if stepping up is a problem for parents just let them know. We are also using them for private transfer Nuremberg to Prague.

I would be remiss if I didn't put a plug in for Mike's Chauffeur (look up the website). He has been invaluable to us on all our trips to Prague. He has a nice minivan for groups or couples and can provide reliable service not only from the airport but is also open for individual trips around Prague or any of the known day trips that you can discuss with him once you get there.

You might want to contact your hotel direct and get an approx. cost for taxi to airport (and the currency you'll need, i.e., Euro ?). I'm sure you're quite safe if the hotel "flags" a taxi for you. Or perhaps your hotel is one of the stops where an airport shuttle is close to or some shuttle services even have set stops and one might be your hotel.

Any suggestions?

Hi kiberkid,

We just returned from Prague. We pre-reserved our airport transfers with Prague Airport Transfers Ltd. Good service and we could pay in Euros if we wanted to. They were waiting for us at the airport with our name on a sign--even though our flight arrived an hour late.

I have a better suggestion for the hotel--Barcelo Old Town Prague. It is in a perfect location, can walk to everything. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby as well as historic sites. The Intercontinental is a little out of the way. Other good choices are Marriott and Hilton, which are right across from the Powder Tower.

You will love Prague, every street is a "picture postcard".

Hi kiberkid,

We just returned from Prague. We pre-reserved our airport transfers with Prague Airport Transfers Ltd. Good service and we could pay in Euros if we wanted to. They were waiting for us at the airport with our name on a sign--even though our flight arrived an hour late.

I have a better suggestion for the hotel--Barcelo Old Town Prague. It is in a perfect location, can walk to everything. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby as well as historic sites. The Intercontinental is a little out of the way. Other good choices are Marriott and Hilton, which are right across from the Powder Tower.

You will love Prague, every street is a "picture postcard".

Thanks so much for the hotel suggestions. We are going with a group of 164 (our TA bought out the whole boat & 1/2 of the return voyage) so we have no control of the hotel. We just found out yesterday that we will be staying at the Hilton, so am very pleased that it is one of your suggestions.

We are still talking to our TA because the transfers were part of the package we have paid for, but since we are leaving the group & heading to Denmark for a week after the cruise, they have told us the Prague to airport is our responsibilty. Hopefully we can change their mind, if not, then I think Prague Airport Transfer will be the one.

Thanks so much for the hotel suggestions. We are going with a group of 164 (our TA bought out the whole boat & 1/2 of the return voyage) so we have no control of the hotel. We just found out yesterday that we will be staying at the Hilton, so am very pleased that it is one of your suggestions.

We are still talking to our TA because the transfers were part of the package we have paid for, but since we are leaving the group & heading to Denmark for a week after the cruise, they have told us the Prague to airport is our responsibilty. Hopefully we can change their mind, if not, then I think Prague Airport Transfer will be the one.

There are two Hiltons. FYI. Hilton Old Town is ideally located while Hilton Prague is a 20 minute walk from the center.

I agree about Barcelo Old Town. We discovered it last trip and are booked there in November.

Prague taxi drivers are famous for being mobsters. Do not hail a taxi on the street by yourselves or prepay anything. The hotel desk has telephone numbers of reliable drivers who they do business with, some work exclusively for the bigger hotels and will even have the hotel logo on the side of their taxi.

How much time did you need at the Prague Airport for check in before the flight? How long did it take from your hotel to the airport? What airline did you use?

Thank you

Sunrocket

We used Prague Airport Transfers also to go to airport from our Hotel in Old Town last year. Rates were reasonable, pre-reserved and pre paid and our driver showed up promptly to transport us. Would use them again!

How much time did you need at the Prague Airport for check in before the flight? How long did it take from your hotel to the airport? What airline did you use?

Thank you

Sunrocket

Sunrocket,

If I remember correctly it was approx. a 25 minute ride to airport and we had no problems with check in at Prague Airport, quite easy in fact. Typically we arrive 2 hrs prior to departure for international flights. We were on Lufthansa (code share) from Prague to Frankfurt and then Continental (now United ) from Frankfurt to Texas.

Archived