First Aid Kit

Jane2357

I always make a 1st Aid Kit to travel with "just in case". My 10/1 cruise coming up I am in charge of a group with many 1st time cruisers so I feel to make sure I have all the bases covered. Tell me what I have missed.

Thermacare Heatwrap

cough drops

laxative & Imodium (got to cover both situations)

daytime cold & flu

Pepto Bismol

Bonine & Dramamine

Preparation H

Aspirin

Tylenol

Hydrocortisone Cream

Neosporin

Alchohol Swabs

Various Sized bandaids

It sounds like a lot to take but it all fits into a zip lock. So what else do I need?

I always make a 1st Aid Kit to travel with "just in case". My 10/1 cruise coming up I am in charge of a group with many 1st time cruisers so I feel to make sure I have all the bases covered. Tell me what I have missed.

Thermacare Heatwrap

cough drops

daytime cold & flu

Pepto Bismol

Bonine & Dramamine

Preparation H

Aspirin

Tylenol

Hydrocortisone Cream

Neosporin

Alchohol Swabs

Various Sized bandaids

It sounds like a lot to take but it all fits into a zip lock. So what else do I need?

Tums or some sort of antacids

Thermacare Heatwrap

cough drops

daytime cold & flu

Pepto Bismol

Bonine & Dramamine

Preparation H

Aspirin

Tylenol

Hydrocortisone Cream

Neosporin

Alchohol Swabs

Various Sized bandaids

To use with the alcohol swab, a pin or sewing needle in case of blisters on feet. Helps to pop them if one should get sunburned on top of feet.

And I should add aloe gel.

You should see me when i travel overseas i'm practically a walking pharmacy.

Also i'd add in the following i always take on any trip in my family :

anti-gas (a must in my family!!!)

benadryl or some sort of allergy relief incase there is a trigger (food, etc)

unisom - never know when you can't sleep

vivarin - never know when you can't stay awake and want to party

ibuprofin - some like tylenol but ibuprofin works differently

muscle relaxants - Doams makes a bad back tollerable when too much fun is had

also first aid tape - can always turn a towel or ripped shirt into a temporary bandaid until you get to a true first aid facility

Make sure on the meds tho they are only given to those in true distress that you know can have them - don't want any lawsuits or accusations of being a drug pusher in another country.

Small nail scissors and tweezers, as mentioned before. Also, we always carry Benadryl tablets in case allergies become bothersome or because of a rash. On our last cruise, my son came back from one of the ports with non-stop sneezing....for about an hour! The only thing that took care of that was the Benadryl.

also first aid tape - can always turn a towel or ripped shirt into a temporary bandaid until you get to a true first aid facility

quote]

Sanitary napkins work well in this situation.;)

List looks good and complete--

Sunburn lotion

Pepcid

Dental repair

small glasses screwdriver

ginger tablets or ginger candy

OP-it is nice that you are going to be the pharmacy for your group but wouldn't it be better if they had their own JIC something hits a 3am? Problem always seem to hit at 3am when on vacation.

Aloe, or something for sunburns. The gift shop charges a fortune for it.

Claudia

So true! I learned the hard way. DS got a little burned on his face and DH went to pick up a bottle...I think it was close to $13!!!

Also, DH also had to get one of those heat wraps for his shoulder and that was a small fortune!

I always travel with a first aid kit...dh has heart condition so i have all of his medical files on a thumbdrive and it is always carried with us. he has his medical card with him along with any of his personal meds.

tweezers i always have in case of splinters etc.

sunburn care relief with pain reliever (lydocaine sp?)

i even have latex gloves and insect bite medicine.

I have a standard first aid kit with all the goodies in it that i keep in our cabin, then while in port, i have a tiny little one with tylenol, band aids, anti biotic and dh's medical info. it's all very tiny. it goes in our back pack. any other meds we can take when we get back to ship.

most of it we have never used, but we have it just in case.

Don't forget a 'mini' 1st aid kit when you get off the ship - great to have all this stuff but sometimes you need some of those things in port....e.g. I was walking along a beach and stepped on a sharp shell or something - cutting my heel slightly - bleeding - but luckily I did have a small 1st aid bag I throw in my beach bag - had polysporin and bandaids and was able to patch it up and continue along!

I always throw in a couple of packets of vinegar as well in case of jelly fish bites! (given the 'alternative' remedy is not to my liking :D:D)

P.S. I would add some throat lozenges, anti-chafing gel and eyedrops as well.....and a flashlight! :)

Not sure if this is a "first aid kit item" but a can of insect repellent is a must also! :cool: Have a great cruise! :D

They sell little lipstick size spray bottles of insect repellent that work well. If you have access to it, a couple of codeine can be nice to have for diarhea or aches (I needed it after a death hike in Dominca last Jan).

I would suggest acidophilus instead of Imodium.

A friend turned us on to that a few years ago and

it does a much better job. I won't go into all the

gory details but it is a pro-biotic and really helps

in the recovery of gastrointestinal "distress" -

also very helpful in recovery of norovirus.

You can get it in any drug store and most

supermarkets - look for it with the vitamins

and other natural health products.

It comes in capsules and chewable pills - I

recommend the pills - they have virtually no

taste and seem to work faster - a big plus

when your on the run (no pun intended) :)

Go ahead and Google it if it is something new

to you - it is the BEST health advice I ever got!

Archived