Adaptor for power outlets

Brisbanelionsfan

I am sailing on the Solstice in November and I have Australian three point plugs on my hairdryer and straightner, what sort of outlets do the ship have? I will buy an adaptor before we go if needed.

Cheers

Leave the hairdryer at home - its 240V and the outlet in the room are 110. It will either run really slow or burn out. The straightener should be dual voltage so hopefully will be ok. mummsie

Leave the hairdryer at home - its 240V and the outlet in the room are 110. It will either run really slow or burn out. The straightener should be dual voltage so hopefully will be ok. mummsie

220/240V appliances will work just fine with a plug adapter to allow then to plug into the round European 220V outlet.

Most small appliances are multi-voltage, but I just took the Australian to European adaptor and plugged my hairdryer into the European socket to be safe. But we also take Australian to US adaptors for charging phones, cameras and ipads as well. Just take both kinds of adaptors and then check out the voltage your appliance needs before deciding which to use.

Archived