Just booked!!!

mom2girlsVT

I did it!! After 7 Carnival cruises, we needed a change of scenery....so I just booked the Dawn, Deluxe Owner's Suite (12502)!!! We have never been to Bermuda either, so this whole cruise will be new things for us. I am sure I will have tons of questions along the way....I read that you get a plate of snacks every day? Do you tip every time they bring it or just wait till the end of the cruise? Is one dining room more formal than the other dining room? (not the specialty dining) Can you wear capris in the dining rooms? Oh my, it's going to be a long 402 days!!!!

I did it!! After 7 Carnival cruises, we needed a change of scenery....so I just booked the Dawn, Deluxe Owner's Suite (12502)!!! We have never been to Bermuda either, so this whole cruise will be new things for us. I am sure I will have tons of questions along the way....I read that you get a plate of snacks every day? Do you tip every time they bring it or just wait till the end of the cruise? Is one dining room more formal than the other dining room? (not the specialty dining) Can you wear capris in the dining rooms? Oh my, it's going to be a long 402 days!!!!

Welcome to NCL. We had the DOS on the STAR which is the sister ship to the DAWN....your going to love that cabin. :)

Tip the butler and the concierge at the end of the cruise, base your tip amount on how much you use their services....no need to tip for each service. They will leave the plate of snacks each afternoon, even if your not in the cabin. If you would prefer something other than the mystery snacks, like a fruit plate, cheese platter, or plate of cookies then just let your butler know.

Capri's can be worn in every dining room. There is one main dining room which is a bit more formal (the larger one), and it doesn't allow shorts in the evening.

Here's a link to a video of 12502 on the STAR which will be very similar to the DAWN suite.

Here's the DAWN 12002

Holy Cow what a great first NCL cruise!!! Our first cruise was on the Dawn back in '03 and we were in an aft suite. We tipped our concierge and butler at the end but $2 every time we ordered room service. Room service was delivered by or butler but usually the person changes so maybe that is just for suites. We didn't choose to dress up per se except when we went to Cagneys and Le Bistro. That is my favorite aspect of NCL cruising! We thoroughly enjoyed our Carnival Miracle cruise but everyone agrees that NCL is just a bit better. I'm sure you will love your Dawn cruise!!!!!!!

Welcome to NCL, I hope you enjoy your cruise. I had "VIP" once and got snacks everynight, so I would imagine this is routine for Suites. I would think you could tip when ever you like. Yes one main dinnng room is more formal than the other. (Not many formal dressers, the more formal dinning room does not allow shorts.) I've worn capris in both main dinning rooms, no problems. (Not been on the Dawn yet, my experiences are on the Jewel, Sun & Epic)

Time will fly quickly. Seems like last year my kids were the age of my grandchildren.

Thanks for the info! I can not believe some of the perks I have been reading about! I have been scouring the internet for pictures of the room. So I can check out the same rooms on Star? There seems to be more about that ship.

There are a few minor differences but basically the rooms are the same. I think the DAWN has remote controlled drapes, a little different sofa, and the tv in the bedroom doesn't have a DVD player. Very minor differences.

3 bottles of alcohol with the room, and all the bottled water and soda you want (Pepsi product). You can ask for other mixers, and garnishes. The butler brought us a bottle of grenadine for tequila sunrises, oranges and cherries. The butler also asked if we wanted a blender for the room.

There is a portable phone so you can call the butler or concierge while your out of the room and request things, or stay in touch with someone back in the suite.

There is reserved seating in the theater, but it's really not the best location.

Concierge can get you into the chocoholic buffet before everyone else, so you can get some pictures before things get eaten and messed up.

We cruised in that suite last November! What a cabin. So much space and a master bath to die for. Did not miss the balcony because it has floor to ceiling windows. We orignally booked a mini-suite, then upgraded for $100 each to a family suite. One morning about his time, two weeks out, this cabin became available for an additional $100 each, and we snatched it. The butler kept the fridge stocked with soda, juice and such, even mixers, as it comes with 3 bottles of liquor. We had seats reserved in the theater. You are going to love it!

You guys are making me so excited!!! I don't think we will miss the balcony as it is the final sailing to Bermuda for the season and I'm assuming it will be a little cool. I'm still getting used to the idea of a butler/concierge! I'm afraid we will not get to experience all of the perks and everything on the ship in just 7 short days. I had this cruise in mind for awhile and decided to book it yesterday when I read about the DASH sale with reduced deposit. I was completely shocked to find out I received $450 OBC after booking! :D

Nice!! We are Carnival cruisers too and did a change of scenery cruise on the Epic in March and fell in love with NCL. We are booked on the Dawn for March of 2013 and plan to do the Epic or Breakaway for fall of 2013. I think you will like NCL and wow Deluxe owners suite!!

You guys are making me so excited!!! I don't think we will miss the balcony as it is the final sailing to Bermuda for the season and I'm assuming it will be a little cool. I'm still getting used to the idea of a butler/concierge! I'm afraid we will not get to experience all of the perks and everything on the ship in just 7 short days. I had this cruise in mind for awhile and decided to book it yesterday when I read about the DASH sale with reduced deposit. I was completely shocked to find out I received $450 OBC after booking! :D

Hi,

Can you tell me how you got so much OBC? I booked the deluxe owner's suite (12500) on the Dawn for September 6th directly with NCL and they only offered me $300. Can you give me the details?

Versailles is the more formal dining room versus Aqua. The official dress code says that you cannot wear shorts to Versailles but on our Dawn trip at the end of July, we saw many wear shorts.

Actually, the more formal dining room on the Dawn is the Venetian. We were on the September 7th sailing this year and while we didn't see many shorts there, we did see some. My son was upset when he saw shorts because I made him put on long pants to go there for dinner :)

Actually, the more formal dining room on the Dawn is the Venetian. We were on the September 7th sailing this year and while we didn't see many shorts there, we did see some. My son was upset when he saw shorts because I made him put on long pants to go there for dinner :)

Yes, Venetian not Versailles. Thanks for catching that.

OP, the aft dining room is the more formal.

Kate - same thing happened with my son!

Hi,

Can you tell me how you got so much OBC? I booked the deluxe owner's suite (12500) on the Dawn for September 6th directly with NCL and they only offered me $300. Can you give me the details?

I have no idea how I got that much OBC. The promo codes listed on my confirmation say "DASHSALE, EASYFARE, SUITE OBC". My travel agent wasn't expecting that much either, but I didn't want to push the issue and lose it!

Congrats on booking your first NCL trip. You will love it. A good place to start for rooms is on youtube. Just put NCL, then the ship name and room number in the search box and you may get lucky and someone who previously stayed there took a video and posted it. Good luck searching for all your info and have a great cruise.

I have no idea how I got that much OBC. The promo codes listed on my confirmation say "DASHSALE, EASYFARE, SUITE OBC". My travel agent wasn't expecting that much either, but I didn't want to push the issue and lose it!

I am so glad that you posted your OBC amount! I called my cruise consultant at NCL and he was able to match your deal. I am very pleased! Thanks for your help :)

I am so glad that you posted your OBC amount! I called my cruise consultant at NCL and he was able to match your deal. I am very pleased! Thanks for your help :)

Glad I could help, since you all have offered me so much already! Did your consultant tell you what they based the amount of OBC on?

Congratulations! I know you'll enjoy your cruise on NCL. Actually, I prefer NCL over Carnival and I have always found plenty to do during the late night hours. The dances are fun and there are lots of cruise staff at the parties to make sure everyone is having a good time.

Welcome to NCL! I have cruised 2x with Carnival and 2x with NCL. Our next cruise on the Epic is not until 2014 so I am with you on the long wait. BOOHOO! We going to book a PH in the Haven and can't wait for our first suite experience.

I prefer NCL to Carnival if I had to pick. I like the "freestyle" atmosphere and not having to worry about formal night. You can dress up if you want to but don't have to. I wore capri pants in all the dining rooms paid and free and it was never a problem. Have a great cruise!

Glad I could help, since you all have offered me so much already! Did your consultant tell you what they based the amount of OBC on?

NCL is offering $300 OBC for booking a suite 9 months in advance, and $150 OBC under the Dash promo for booking a suite. These are 2 separate promotions but are combinable.

• 1 month later...

KateQ....I was going to tell you to watch daily and if they are offering more OBC's you can call in and get the promo, but it looks like you already did!

I booked this originally with $300 OBC's ($250-$300 is sort of standard) and got upgraded to the $450 when I was checking on the NCL site and found it was offering more!

Just a caveat: they will always apply a current promo prior to final payment, but you will pay the going cabin rate and add'l passenger rate at the time of any change. If your cabin increased, then it may not not be worth it or a wash! Put in "mock" bookings from time-to-time and be up to date with what is being offered.

I am booked in the DOS 12502 for Sept 2013 and currently that room has increased $400 and add'l passenger increased $50 each....so I doubt I will be making any future changes!!!!

And Georgiagolfer is right...the $450 is two promos combined....but hey....the total = $450 for us!!!!

American Express had a promo that offered $500 OBC's on a suite if your total payment was done on their card. It was NOT combineable and if I added it, would drop my $450 AND pay the increased cabin price! Certainly NOT a good move ; 0

Having a $450 OBC on a suite is the most I have seen offered...it is a great perk!

Archived