Hotel Jazz...

bgyoshi

Hello! Thinking of booking Hotel Jazz in Barcelona for 2 nights pre-cruise next year. Have a few questions for those who's stayed there before.

1. What is their cancellation policy?

2. Is full payment required at booking or they only charge after the stay?

2b. I've read these horror stories of people getting unauthorized charges on their credit cards after booking things in Barcelona, should I use a prepaid card instead of my credit card to do the booking?

3. How is their breakfast? Should I do that or eat out around the neighborhood?

Thank you all! I've e-mailed them as well but haven't heard back and getting antsy :)

Hello! Thinking of booking Hotel Jazz in Barcelona for 2 nights pre-cruise next year. Have a few questions for those who's stayed there before.

2. Is full payment required at booking or they only charge after the stay? 2b. I've read these horror stories of people getting unauthorized charges on their credit cards after booking things in Barcelona, should I use a prepaid card instead of my credit card to do the booking?

3. How is their breakfast? Should I do that or eat out around the neighborhood? Thank you all! I've e-mailed them as well but haven't heard back and getting antsy :)

1. Reservations may be cancelled with no penalty until 6 PM on the day before arrival.

2. No payment required at booking.

2b. I always use my AMEX card for reserving because they will protect me from any fraud problems, but I will pay with my Capitol One MasterCard because I do not incur any foreign exchange or foreign transactions fee with that card (and AMEX is now up to 2-1/2%, I believe.)

3. Breakfast is excellent, with a lot of choice, but on my return visit if the price is too high (we paid 10 Euros per person in 2010) we will eat out. There are many choices around the neighborhood.)

2. Is full payment required at booking or they only charge after the stay?

2b. I've read these horror stories of people getting unauthorized charges on their credit cards after booking things in Barcelona, should I use a prepaid card instead of my credit card to do the booking?

3. How is their breakfast? Should I do that or eat out around the neighborhood?

Thank you all! I've e-mailed them as well but haven't heard back and getting antsy :)

We stayed there last year 1 night pre-cruise. It was a nice modern hotel, comfortable beds/rooms and a great roof-top bar serving the best Sangria i've ever had.

I made the reservation online. I gave them my credit card info, but was not charged until departure (much like any other US hotel). I believe I could cancel up until a few days ahead of time (we were there in September). There was no problem at all with the credit card charges.

I really don't remember breakfast being offered. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel in any event. We walked down Las Rambla which was very close and had a delicious breakfast at one of the many little restaurants that line the boulevard.

Have fun in Barcelona - it is a great walkable city.

Wow - just noticed that both replies are from CC members in Cincinnati!

Wow - just noticed that both replies are from CC members in Cincinnati!

Hi, Pushkin! We spent four nights at the Hotel Jazz in May 2010 post-cruise and really enjoyed our time in Barcelona, so much so that we are returning there for two nights next month before we have our first Azamara cruise after four on Oceania.

Thanks all! I finally booked the hotel and this is the info I was given:

Cancellation Policy: Cancellation Policy:

Reservations may be cancelled with no penalty until 6:00 pm the day before arrival (however, when I e-mailed them, the reply was 48 hours prior, so I"m not sure which one is correct). In the case of late cancellations or no-shows, the amount of the first night of the stay will be charged, taxes included, to the credit card provided, and the duration of the reservation will be cancelled.

And card will not be charged until departure.

And I think I'll skip the breakfast at the hotel and venture out to eat! Definitely looking for some Chocolate and Churros!

Thanks all! I finally booked the hotel and this is the info I was given:

Cancellation Policy: Cancellation Policy:

Reservations may be cancelled with no penalty until 6:00 pm the day before arrival (however, when I e-mailed them, the reply was 48 hours prior, so I"m not sure which one is correct). In the case of late cancellations or no-shows, the amount of the first night of the stay will be charged, taxes included, to the credit card provided, and the duration of the reservation will be cancelled.

And card will not be charged until departure.

And I think I'll skip the breakfast at the hotel and venture out to eat! Definitely looking for some Chocolate and Churros!

You will find them in La Boqueria market on Las Ramblas

Enjoy !!!

images2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This hotel definitely seems reasonably priced. Is it located in a safe, central place for sight seeing or dinner? There will be four of us...two couples. We are looking for something nice, but reasonable priced.

Archived