Some features of Carnival Sunshine

Sargent_Schultz

I sailed on the Destiny in May of 2011 - Eastern Caribbean & have a Med. cruise booked on the Sunshine for May of 2013....how cool is that!! Can't wait for the new ship as well as these ports of call. I hope to write a review (with comparisons of the ship) next year. I can tell you this, there is so much more planning for the Med. cruise compared to the Caribbean.

Very cool. And an honest review and comparison and review welcome.

There is currently a Destiny b2b review being done that looks interesting to me:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1708575

I sailed the Destiny twice. Once out of PR(when they used to do those Past Guest cruises and give you free stuff) and then Miami. I thought it was a great cruise both times. I was never overcrowded either. I think I would notice as the second time we were a party of 13 and always found seating together.

I cant wait to try the Sunchine. My kids are really excited about it. I would like to see the Serenity area. Cant wait for pics so I can live through your guys in the meantime.

I did the Destiny out of PR and along with Triumph and Victory those 3 have a more crowded feeling especially on the lido deck. So Im thinking it may still be with the additional pax.

Ive never really enjoyed the sliding aft roof. So Im glad to see that will be gone and an addition of an adult area is defiantly a plus.

But I will wait till I sail on her to judge and Im sure there will be a last minute cheap cruise sometime in our future.

I found this in the write-up

182 new staterooms
. Now with a minimum of 2 to every room that is at least 364 more people on board. Now if some of those cabins have 3-4 people then it is even more. Also, with those new staterooms comes a place to put them. That means some areas that were once public areas will be gone. So unless they make the ship bigger they will be putting on more people with less space. Not sure I like that idea.

I found this in the write-up . Now with a minimum of 2 to every room that is at least 364 more people on board. Now if some of those cabins have 3-4 people then it is even more. Also, with those new staterooms comes a place to put them. That means some areas that were once public areas will be gone. So unless they make the ship bigger they will be putting on more people with less space. Not sure I like that idea.

Both Victory and Triumph have more cabins than Destiny. They are adding the partial deck that is missing from Destiny and expanding a couple of decks.

A LOT of public space on cruise ships is underutilized. What I see on Sunshine is multipurpose, competing venues for food, entertainment, etc. More efficient use of space. You really can do more with less.

Hmmm....Let's repeat our mistakes of Magic and Breeze by putting the "Serenity" area up in the front of the ship where we can blast the sounds of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga from an obnoxious big screen at those trying to enjoy a little relaxation; only this time lets make it even harder for them to have unobstructed views of the ocean!

Way to go Carnival. Who is the 14 year old kid they have designing their ships these days?:rolleyes:

Hmmm....Let's repeat our mistakes of Magic and Breeze by putting the "Serenity" area up in the front of the ship where we can blast the sounds of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga from an obnoxious big screen at those trying to enjoy a little relaxation; only this time lets make it even harder for them to have unobstructed views of the ocean!

Way to go Carnival. Who is the 14 year old kid they have designing their ships these days?:rolleyes:

Not sure about that. I do like that Waterworks, video arcade, and the kid's clubs are all together at the back of the ship (unlike Dream, Magic, and Breeze) and as far from Serenity as they can put them. That should keep some of them busy.

The waterfall in the Serenity area should generate some white noise to mask some of the other noise.

I am booked on the 12/1/13 out of NOLA; can't wait to go back to New Orleans again and Key West. I am not worrying about anything on this new ship, just looking forward to it. Would like to hear reviews when it starts its new launching.

Not sure about that. I do like that Waterworks, video arcade, and the kid's clubs are all together at the back of the ship (unlike Dream, Magic, and Breeze) and as far from Serenity as they can put them. That should keep some of them busy.

The waterfall in the Serenity area should generate some white noise to mask some of the other noise.

I am all for putting all the kids stuff together and tucking it out of the way somewhere. But, we fell in love with Miracle (Spirit class) cause the enforced adult area was in the back, open air, with a bar, a pool, and hot tubs. We never even went near the main pools (2) except for the deck party.

One of the problems with Serenity on Magic being up front was the fact they still had to have the wind breaks for the ship, so there was a couple foot high plate steel in your way so you could not look out at the ocean as you lay down on a lounge chair next to the rail. If it wasn't for the wind break, they could have used glass or the horizontal bars at the rail.

Found a rendering of the Sunshine Serenity Deck(s):

CL_SH_Serenity_Digi-lower-res.jpg

Looks amazing!

That looks very very cool. We were on the Destiny a couple of years ago ans will hopefully ne able to cruise this new ship in the future.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think it is exciting and time for her to change and cool that they are trying it with this one..maybe can take the best and most liked things and do updating on other older Fantasy ships, ie dining options..i think it is fun..they will probably redo soo soo much and make space..i was on old Westerdam after she was redone for a weekend cruise and everyone who knew the before LOVED her..I am excitied..and one day whatever goes out of NOLA..I am there!! My lips to god's ears...Sarah

Hi Everybody..one more..i found this cool tour of Destiny in 2009 on Youtube..remember when my friend that sold cruises was on her Inaugural and she was thought of and planned as more elegant and subdued for Carnival..I liked the tour here..and the atrium bar was the big new deal..anyway I enjoyed this tour with music and thought it will be fun to compare it to big tour in future..Sarge LOL..can you do all this putting it to music...have fun...Sarah

I think Carnival's approach with the new Sunshine is to have multiple competing venues for food, entertainment, whatever.

I think some of the biggest complaints will be how can I be everywhere at once? :D

I saw that too. I have heard people say that they heard people say (you know how that goes) that Carnival is trying to move to more pay venues. It sounds like a step in that direction or atleast to more "ala carte" dining- whether you pay extra or not. It works in AIs and apparently works on other lines. I kind of wonder if CCL is trying to draw in new cruisers that are used to AIs, with the bar packages and new dining venues. To be honest, when I am booking an AI, I always look at things like how many bars, restaurants and pools there are. Variety is a good thing. I keep saying this is my last Carnival cruise but if Sunshine gets good reviews maybe I will try it, especially since NOLA is driveable.

Archived