Conquest - I want to know it all!

ajenali

I've been prowling and scheming for weeks and weeks. Today I finally did it! We are booked!!! 185 days to go! So, we gotta get through a 15th birthday trip, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valetines day, then it will be time to board.... OMG...thats just too long!

so, tell me everything there is to know about Conquest. I want pictures, review links, good stories, bad stories, tips and tricks...

I WANT TO KNOW IT ALL! :D

I was on the Conquest (my first cruise) September 2-9th. Loved it so much, I'm booked again for December 9-16th! If you have any specific questions, i'd be happy to try and answer them. We did Key West, Freeport, and Nassau in Sept, will be going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel in Dec.

We were on Deck 2 aft in an inside cabin and it was fine. Part of me was glad our room wasn't near anything because it gave us some separation. It's a big ship, but I honestly never felt like certain things were far away. The only time I noticed the distance was when we'd get back on after a port and had to walk all the way to the back to get to our room. My tootsies were killing me!

It was me and one of my girlfriends, so it was a very relaxing, chill trip. Spent a lot of my time sitting on Deck 5, looking out the windows and people watching. Never got in the pools/hot tubs or laid out near them, so I can't comment on how any of that was. We did lay out in not-so-common places, usually the deck above lido (10) and never had trouble finding chairs.

Food was great and our servers in the dining room were awesome (went 5/7 nights). We had late dining in the Monet and our waiters always remembered our names and seemed truly interested in what we did throughout the day. Never really had anything I didn't like. Ate my body weight in bread, fruit, chocolate milk, and pineapple sherbet! Never once did we eat any of the self-serve ice cream, but every night I got the pineapple sherbet dessert, haha.

I scoured the boards before we cruised wanting to know everything, so please let me know if you have any particular questions or what to know about a certain thing. I'm excited to see her Pre and Post-Funship 2.0. Hope some of this helps! You will have a fantastic cruise.

We've been on her twice and going again in Nov. same time firefly is and we love the ship. Remember you will have the 2.0 upgrades at that time so it might change things a bit. Like the other posters said if you have a particular question I will try and answer. We have stayed in aft extended balconies and don the behind the scene tour and both are great.

I've been prowling and scheming for weeks and weeks. Today I finally did it! We are booked!!! 185 days to go! So, we gotta get through a 15th birthday trip, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valetines day, then it will be time to board.... OMG...thats just too long!

so, tell me everything there is to know about Conquest. I want pictures, review links, good stories, bad stories, tips and tricks...

I WANT TO KNOW IT ALL! :D

we'll be on her shortly (again) before you...there is a thread somewhere on here all about the conquest..pages and pages of goodies..but some may be outdated. she is going in for dry dock and 2.0 upgrades this fall. :D i can't wait.

found it...here ya go...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=474782&highlight=conquest+only

Absolutely. Would you be offended if I started sharing them while on the cruise? :D

only slightly. but i could probably forgive you if you can just put a post it note on a fruity drink with my name on it? just saying. :rolleyes:

Was on the Sept 2-9th cruise...LOVED it very much and hope to sail this ship again!! We had an aft balcony on the Empress Deck...would love to have this room again! We had great food and wonderful service. We ate mostly main dining room (early). If I would have any complaint it would probably be that the drinks are not strong enough (as with most cruises I would say). Perhaps I will tip a little more for an extra shot here and there next time! :D

Was on the Sept 2-9th cruise...LOVED it very much and hope to sail this ship again!! We had an aft balcony on the Empress Deck...would love to have this room again! We had great food and wonderful service. We ate mostly main dining room (early). If I would have any complaint it would probably be that the drinks are not strong enough (as with most cruises I would say). Perhaps I will tip a little more for an extra shot here and there next time! :D

We were on the same cruise. We made friends with Eddie, who was the bartender at the aft bar and he definitely treated us well. We had late dining and would go up to the lido afterwards and sit at the bar until he got off at 11. One of the nicest guys I met!

Another vote for the fun that was had on Sept 2nd....

The Conquest will be even better when you sail because they will have added the 2.0 upgrades with Guy's Burgers and etc....

This is like a little Sept 2nd reunion! Glad we all had a great time.

We were on the same cruise. We made friends with Eddie, who was the bartender at the aft bar and he definitely treated us well. We had late dining and would go up to the lido afterwards and sit at the bar until he got off at 11. One of the nicest guys I met!

This is like a little Sept 2nd reunion! Glad we all had a great time.

We were on this cruise too. Hi Linda

What room were you in? We are going with my parents next October and it is so far away!!!! We are booked in room 7406 & my parents in 7408. Our first balconies. I have read the whole thread about the Conquest, but I am anxiously waiting to hear from people after her 2.0 upgrades!

A serenity are was supposed to be part of the dry dock. Why do you think it isn't?

Do you see it in writing? It did sound to me like John was hinting it could happen from what someone posted.

But its not what Carnival says is part of the upgrades. This is all I see, where do you see serenity area? Do you have other info...it would be nice.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/10/05/what-is-the-fun-ship-2-0-implementation-schedule.aspx

RedFrog Rum Bar

BlueIguana Tequila Bar

Library Bar

Guy’s Burger Joint

BlueIguana Cantina

Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez

Hasbro, The Game Show

Playlist Productions

DJ IRIE

Do you see it in writing? It did sound to me like John was hinting it could happen from what someone posted.

But its not what Carnival says is part of the upgrades. This is all I see, where do you see serenity area? Do you have other info...it would be nice.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/10/05/what-is-the-fun-ship-2-0-implementation-schedule.aspx

Serenity is not part of Funship 2.0 so I wouldn't expect to see it there.

I had read it somewhere a while back. I can always ask again.

Archived