Sending a dress out to be steamed?

I just bought a lovely dress that I think is not going to pack well and is labeled "do not iron; steam only". Will RC steam a garment for you? I don't have a steamer and looking at the prices, it seems that whatever RC would charge must be less than buying a steamer (let alone having to haul one with me). Has anyone done this before?

I just bought a lovely dress that I think is not going to pack well and is labeled "do not iron; steam only". Will RC steam a garment for you? I don't have a steamer and looking at the prices, it seems that whatever RC would charge must be less than buying a steamer (let alone having to haul one with me). Has anyone done this before?

Honestly, in your situation, here is what I would do:

Get on your Roll Call. Get very friendly with your fellow travelers. I bet that one of them plans to take a steamer on board!

;)

We sent husbands shirts out for steaming as soon as we got on board - there is a laundry ticket and for steam/press only we paid under $10 for 5 shirts

I do not trust RCI at all to iron or steam anymore. I only let them launder what I want cleaned. 2 years ago I sent two pairs of wool pants to be pressed. They burned them both and worse yet they tried to say I did it! Nothing worse than shiny pants!!!They said they do not use irons but a steam press and the steam press could not have melted the pants. Well after I went crazee on the MOD they finally agreed to a room credit of $150 to replace the cost of the ruined pants. They also gave me a free tuxedo rental for the week. That was nice but I would rather not have had the issue.

Now I steam all my own clothes in the shower when I first get the garmet bag. This works great and the water is usually hot enough that it takes about 25 minutes and the clothes look great.

Also I find packing special clothes in/surrounded by dry cleaners plastic. This helps againts wringles. If the dress is really special... carry it on. Then you know it will be perfrect for you,

Archived