Booking Difficulties

ebonybee

I need Cruise Critic help to explain what is going on . I am having problems modifying a current booking on EOS. I booked onboard a recent cruise a balcony....but wanted a Jr. Suite--Checking each day. Well, I see Jr. Suite GTY online and ask the Vacation Planner to book it....This is what happens.....They say, "I don't want to quote you the wrong price....hold on". Then they come back and say that it is gone but I can be wait listed. I tell then I can see it....they say no...it doesn't exist. So I book it online and get a reservation number. Call Back...Oh!!!!!! Why would they tell me to hold on, they want to quote the correct price and then say it doesn't exist? However, I can book it on line. The VP tried to convince me that I was confused until I called back with a reservation number.

What's Happening? I know Enchantment is a small ship(been on Grandeur twice) but both times in a Jr. Suite. Now the cost difference is $1000.00 which is more than I usually pay. So now I have two bookings for Enchantment.

Do you have the price with the JS under your reservation number? If not, you are probably out of luck. It may have been for new bookings only, or it may be that the cabin was available but not the JS guarantee price. So you can hold the cabin but you can't get that JS GTY. You could try escalating to a higher level CS person, but I don't think you'll have much luck unless you have a print out with the price for that JS.

Looking on my Ipad, my Allure Central Park balcony cabin is down more than $300 than when I booked at the beginning of August. When checking Royal's sight on my PC it gives the old price. It sounds like that NPR story over the summer about Mac users being quoted higher Orbitz hotel prices than their PC counterparts.

My final payment is not until end of November so I have emailed my travel agent to see if he can sort it out.

Update: Until I hear from my TA, I have put a free, 24 hour courtesy hold on the lower price via Royal's website. For over $300 savings, I will do what it takes

Archived