Island Princess Mini-Suite Help

2Fltravelers

I know that this subject has been discussed on several threads and I have read them all. I am on the fence about 2 mini-suites for our partial transit Panama Canal in February. The issue isn't price as there is a minimal price difference of $100pp between them. The question is which is the better choice. We are holding C503 on Caribe starboard which is an AA bump out corner but has a small balcony. The other is D716 which is an aft port on Dolphin. There are pros and cons for each. My concern with C503 is the small balcony and we love spending time on our balcony. The other is being aft and having vibration and alot more traffic due to the laundry.

If anyone has first hand experience with these cabins & can help me out of this quandary I would be very appreciative. I need to get back to my TA today. Thanks.

Have you looked at this website? http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id3.html

Here's what it says about C503:

The bumped out corner cabins C416, C417, C503, C504, C622 and C637 are covered and can also be seen by adjoining cabins, but have a larger viewing area in that they can see both straight out and to one side with out leaning over the rail.

cornerbalconya.jpg

C503 would be mirror of where the men are sitting. You better like the people in the cabin where the lady is, because you'll see a lot of each other!

I would rather have D716 and not be "on display". We always choose as close to D705/706 as possible because it's covered and private. We've never experienced a vibration in the 700's and I like the convenience of being near the laundry on long cruises.

Have a great cruise.

5326jan - We will be in D711 on our Island Princess cruise next month. How are the views on Dolphin Deck from the railing? According to the website you mentioned, the Dolphin Deck has no bump outs, so the view should be unobstructed to the left and right. Is that correct?

We had D718 on the Coral in August. Loved the views, accessibility to the back decks and Laundry but we found the vibrations a bit annoying at times, and wouldn't book that cabin location again. Personal preference - I know some don't mind it, but we did. A number of suites are located in the aft so I would think vibration subsides fairly quickly the farther forward you go.

Have you looked at this website? http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id3.html

Here's what it says about C503:

The bumped out corner cabins C416, C417, C503, C504, C622 and C637 are covered and can also be seen by adjoining cabins, but have a larger viewing area in that they can see both straight out and to one side with out leaning over the rail.

cornerbalconya.jpg

C503 would be mirror of where the men are sitting. You better like the people in the cabin where the lady is, because you'll see a lot of each other!

I would rather have D716 and not be "on display". We always choose as close to D705/706 as possible because it's covered and private. We've never experienced a vibration in the 700's and I like the convenience of being near the laundry on long cruises.

Have a great cruise.

We decided to book C503 because I didn't want to take the chance with vibration since I would be miserable if it happened and decided that the views, even if more exposed would be worth it. It was a hard decision but I didn't want to lose the cabin and then lament about it later.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. In the end, it's more a matter of weighing the pros and cons and going with your gut. Thanks again. I'll post here when we return and let everyone know if I made the right decision for us.

We have been in a bumpout cabin on the Island and an aft Dolphin mini-suite on the Coral. Our next cruise thru the canal is on the Island next April and we have once again booked the Dolphin mini, in fact we have D716 booked. We love that location. Great access to the back deck with great views, nice fully covered private balcony and close enough to the laundry but we never heard any noise from it.

We chose D706 for Alaska last summer, and our friends had the bump out. Our balcony was so much bigger. We didn't notice any vibration or extra traffic from the Laundry, which was still quite a little ways from us. As someone already mentioned, it was great to make the short trip to the deck aft once what we were looking at went out of sight.

5326jan - We will be in D711 on our Island Princess cruise next month. How are the views on Dolphin Deck from the railing? According to the website you mentioned, the Dolphin Deck has no bump outs, so the view should be unobstructed to the left and right. Is that correct?

Completely unobstructed! :) There are 6 suites in the area too (3 port, 3 starboard) and they don't usually put suites in a bad location.

photo-g-1.jpg.w560h372.jpg

In this photo you see the Emerald deck cabins that are built into the hull, just above Emerald deck's wide section of balconies are the dolphin deck suites 631, 701 and 703. Count aft from there and you'll see 711. It's about half way, you'll love it.

Archived