Ship-Mate Carnival app

ajenali

I can't seem to download the app on my iphone. When I type in ship mate, it comes up with cruise stalker....lol.

I get the same thing when trying to find the Ship Mate app for my iPad. I have a droid phone ( phone came before the iPad, iPhone is next). I do have an app called All Aboard on the iPad but it is not as good as Ship Mate.

Airplane mode is the same no matter what phone you are using. It will shut off the transmission of data to and from the device.

I usually put my Iphone in airplane mode after making the last necessary calls to say we are alive and on board, then I take it off when I am in port, about 300 yards from the ship, so I can call the kiddos. I just do the international plan for the month, worth the $6 or whatever extra it is from my provider to get the lower rates the few times I have to use it.

I love your picture - where is it?

• 11 months later...

I just downloaded it this morning for my upcoming Victory cruise and love the horn. Going to call my DH at work at play it for him since he's not going. :D I am leaving in 13 days with a friend. I hope it's free, I have a Samsung S4 which I just bought a month ago and it did not say anything about charges so I assume the app really is free.

I love your picture - where is it?

I just loaded this on both my iPad ($1.99) and android phone (free). I'm still playing around with it on both devices but so far I like the Android version better! And because of these posts I just found the horn. What fun I'm gonna have now!

Once on board, this app is priceless! Much easier than a printed map of the ship!

And before hand - well, lets just say I aggravated everybody with the horn! :D

Have had the app on my iPhone for a while, but just now getting acquainted with it. (My horn works anyway! :D)

Do you know if you can use the app while onboard even if phone is in airplane mode? Would like to be able to use the deck plans. I also noticed some coupons for some of the ports.

Thx.

I just downloaded it on my Droid...pretty cool. Already found a flaw though....the port times for my Nov 1st trip on the SPLENDOR are wrong. But then when I go to excursions, they're correct. Not that big of deal though.

I really like having the deck plans at their ready.

Have had the app on my iPhone for a while, but just now getting acquainted with it. (My horn works anyway! :D)

Do you know if you can use the app while onboard even if phone is in airplane mode? Would like to be able to use the deck plans. I also noticed some coupons for some of the ports.

Thx.

Works on my GS4 in airplane mode. Not sure about iOS devices.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

I have had it for several years and love it. I like the horn sound too but when I first got it I had it set up to play the horn when I first went to it. I was in court on a pretty sticky case (I am a GAL and we were giving testimony in a dispositional hearing to take rights from a parent) when somehow I touched my phone just right and it went off. The judge looked up sternly and then realized it was me and said going out of the country again, Barbara. Talk about mortified!

I have had it for several years and love it. I like the horn sound too but when I first got it I had it set up to play the horn when I first went to it. I was in court on a pretty sticky case (I am a GAL and we were giving testimony in a dispositional hearing to take rights from a parent) when somehow I touched my phone just right and it went off. The judge looked up sternly and then realized it was me and said going out of the country again, Barbara. Talk about mortified!

You should have just blushed and said, "Ohhh, excuse ME!":o

Archived