Departure port wedding ceremony questions/options?

fuc847

Hello,

I am planning to do a wedding ceremony on a cruise in my departure port (Vancouver, BC). There are 3 cruise lines that leave in my port, princess, holland america and Norwegian.

I am only looking at the bare basics for the wedding ceremony as I don't require a reception. I am looking for a place on the cruise to have an officiant marry us legally, with chairs/some decor.

The key question is, assuming I have booked the cruise for both of us (bride and groom), are other family members/other guest (around 10 people) able to come aboard as ceremony guests? They won't actually be on the cruise , just for the ceremony (maybe an hour or so).

Please let me know how it works, what are my options and the approx price details.

Thank you,

yes they will be allowed to board for the ceremony. You should check directly with the cruise line for pricing as it changes quickly. We were on Princess and it was okay. No real decorations, just a few flower arrangements. We were treated like royalty throughout the cruise though.

thanks for the advice. could someone give me an idea of how much it will cost for my situation if i have about 10 to 15 guests, and just the ceremony alone?

i understand this could vary between ports and the cruise. a ballpark figure would be nice for me to know though

thanks!

We had about 15 guests, all were sailing. The ceremony was $2500 with the license on Princess at sea. I would plan to spend somewhere around $2000 for the bare bones ceremony and license with no extra things like additional flowers, cake upgrades, live musicians, etc.

Archived