Light House parking in Galveston

bobdyboo

Needing reviews on EZ parking & Light House? If you could give me your likes & dislikes? I've always used Park-N-Cruise, but my next cruise is w/Princess & Park-N-Cruise will not be parking for Princess cruise so now I've got to park else where.

Thanks

Never used Lighthouse, so I don't know about that. EZ Cruise is good, as they will shuttle both you and your luggage to and from the pier. However, it is a tipping adventure. You tip the guy who loads your luggage. You tip the driver. You tip the guy at the pier who unloads your luggage. Then you tip the porter who takes your luggage from there. That's my only issue with them, but it must not be that big of an issue, since I still use them.

Hope this helps.

Happy cruising!

In Galveston, we used EZ Parking. It's simple, park and they will load your luggage unto the van and drive you to ship, unload and they will be there when it's time to leave as well. If you do it on the computer, I believe it is cheaper :)

Will be using Lighthouse for the 4th time in November. We pay ahead of time online and just pull right in the lot. When we arrive we park and get on the shuttle. The guys at Lighthouse pull right up to our car and take our bags and give them to porters at terminal. It's so easy that we joke once we put the luggage in the car we are on vacation because we don't touch them again till they are in the cabin. At debarkation shuttles are waiting to take you back to their lot. Last March it was less than 15 minutes from sitting on deck to car! The parking lot is elevated and the parking spaces are covered.

Lighthouse Parking has gotten my business my last three cruises. They will take you and your luggage on a big bus over to the terminal. They have always been extremely helpful and polite, and FAST. They do drop you off at the far end of the terminal, so it is a little bit of a walk to enter the terminal. The porters will be waiting to take the luggage from you, along with a gratuity :D. The best thing about them is when they have taken me back to my car, after the cruise, they have literally dropped me off 30 feet from my car. The car is under a car port, so it is somewhat shielded from the elements. They are an excellent locally owned company who I have recommended to many friends that have cruised out of Galveston. They all give this business a thumbs up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone used Light House parking in Galveston? I've received feed back on EZ parking just needing some reviews on Light House.

Thanks

We used Lighthouse once and liked them better than EZ Cruise. From what I have seen they have made some upgrades to their lot since we were there and they have covered parking now.

If you haven't already booked your parking, there is another lot that is similar to Park N Cruise. It looks to me like it is right on the corner where the red light is. It is called Boi Valet and has some good reviews. We have booked them for our next cruise because like you we are cruising on Princess and can't use Park N Cruise.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise wherever you park.

• 1 month later...

We love the guys at Lighthouse. We have used them for years and can't say enough good things about them. Always nice. Always helpful. Always fast. One year my mom and dad's alternator blew up after their cruise and the guys at Lighthouse helped them with rides and a good local mechanic to get them fixed and on their way asap. Besides that they have a raised lot with covered parking and reasonable rates. Just got back from using them last week and looking forward to the next time.

Archived