Carnival Freedom Review, It was Amazing !!!

l8cruiser

We had a great day in Key West. We had just enough time to get back and get ready for dinner. Yes I think the 6:00 seating is just too early. Tonight I had some kind of pork. It was seasoned really well. Everybody ordered something different. No complaints at our table.

After dinner, I went up to the hostess to find out if she had my drink coupons. She gave me new coupons to replace the ones the blew overboard. I gave her a 5 dollar tip for her help.

We went up on the top deck for a walk. We were really enjoying our cruise. I am very impressed with the ship and Carnival. Everybody is very nice and helpful. I can see why people get addicted to cruising.

We went and watched karaoke for a little while. There were some really good singers tonight. After that we went over to the piano bar and had a drink while listening to some music.

We got hungry and walked around looking to see what was open. We walked up to the coffee bar. We ordered a banana split. It was just ok. The ice cream was not as sweet as I was used to. We decided to go back to the cabin. We were tired since we started our day at 5:50 when room service woke us up.

It was about 4:00 am Tuesday morning when I woke up. I saw lightning flashing in the window of our balcony. I got up and opened the curtains. We watched the storm off in the distance. It was an awesome light show. We did not order room service this morning. It was a sea day. We had hoped to sleep late and then go to lido for breakfast. After watching the storm , we went back to sleep.

We got up at 7:00 and went up to lido to eat. We both ordered an omelet. The omelets on the Freedom are great. I also got some bacon and grits. I was glad to see grits on the buffet. The coffee on the buffet was good. I had to add water to my orange juice to dilute it some.

We went back and changed into our swim suits. We went back to the lido to find a place to lay out in the sun. There were plenty of places to sit. I did not see any chair hogs the entire week. We like to find a place where we can watch people and the dj. We enjoyed our sea day. We ordered drinks, slept, read and just relaxed. It was a wonderful day. Now I know why people like sea days. One particular waiter when he saw me, would ask me if I wanted a Long Island Iced Tea. All I had to do was raise my hand. I could get used to this.

I did not want the day to end. It was now about 4 pm. We had to cut the day short to go get ready for dinner. Now we were really hating early dining. Someone told us we could change it but we did not want our dinner mates to think we didn’t like them.

Tonight was elegant night. We got dressed up and went early for photos. We posed at several different backgrounds. It was nice seeing everybody dressed up. It was like a huge dinner party.

Tonight was lobster night. Also on the menu was prime rib. I couldn’t decide which one so I ordered both. They both were very good. I think John ordered two lobsters. Tonight the wait staff put on a great show with dancing and singing. Carnival has really won me over. We really enjoyed elegant night.

After dinner we went to a show. The show was awesome. Those young performers danced their butts off. What a great show. I can’t remember the name of the show. I highly recommend going to see all of the shows. We also went to see the marriage game too one night. Brad , the cruise director was great in the marriage game. It was very funny. Brad could be seen all week long on our cruise. He was very approachable and entertaining. He is very good at his job.

We go back to the piano bar for drinks. The piano bar is a nice place to hang out and wind down after a long day. Well tomorrow we port in Grand Cayman. We have an excursion planned for the sting rays, reef and beach. We turn in for the night.

I will continue the review later. It’s getting late and I have to work tomorrow. Good Night.

Hi, Chuck,

Chris and I had a blast with you and Teresa on the cruise!

SO happy we got to meet you and glad you joined us for the excursions in GC and OR.

I'm posting pictures and videos on fb, check them out when you get a chance. E mail me and I'll send you a friend request so you can see them.

Hopefully, you 2 will join us on the Liberty in 2013. We had a great cruise with our group and are now talking about doing a B2B from 9/21-10/5! 7 - 8 days just isn't enough time to enjoy each other's company, especially when we only see one another once a year.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review, you're doing a great job!

Steph & Chris

Archived