Greek Island Cruises

majmaj4

• 2 weeks later...

I've been researching the new Louis owned ship, Perla. Reviews have not been good. Here is something I found while web surfing. Also check threads on this website for recent cruises on this ship. Does not look like a fun time.

Message 1:- You were talking about the Perla on your web-site, so I thought that you may like a little feed back on the current state of the ship. My wife and I just returned from a cruise on the Perla. We were on the Aegean cruise between May 6 and May 13, 2005. It was awful. The entire ship stank of diesel fuel; the cabins, which obviously had not been refreshed since 1971, were old, tired and run down. The food was ordinary, the dining room dark and gloomy. Many passengers (including both my wife and I) got colds because of the filthy ventilation system. It was, all in all, a bad experience. I highly recommend that the ship be thoroughly cleaned and its diesel fuel handling system be repaired before it ever be allowed to sail again.

Message 2:- We took the PERLA on the COSMOS 7-day Greek Island cruise from May 6-13, 2005 and this ship was the worst excuse for a floating tub that I have been on. Throughout the cruise the entire ship, public areas and cabins, reeked of diesel fuel. Towels and bed linens washed in the ship's laundry smelled of diesel fuel. It was nauseating. Our cabin 245 on Caribbean Deck had cracked glass over the faded print on the wall, one entrance wall coat hook was missing entirely and half of a towel hook in the bathroom was broken off. The bed cover was threadbare and the sheets often had holes. Frequently there was no cold water for the scalding hot shower.

Archived