December in the Med

Camgirl

I am going to be travelling on the Nov 22nd QV cruise to the eastern Med (please join the roll call if you are going too - it is very quiet!).

Can anyone give me any idea what sort of temperatures to expect at this time of year (nov/dec) both outside whilst sailing and on shore? Also how early it gets dark? We will be visiting Spain, Malta, Greece and Egypt. Any help is greatly appreciated, I have absolutely no idea what to pack (or buy in anticipation;)).

I realise the ship will be similar to our Summer trips inside, but have only cruised in June/July before.

I am going to be travelling on the Nov 22nd QV cruise to the eastern Med (please join the roll call if you are going too - it is very quiet!).

Can anyone give me any idea what sort of temperatures to expect at this time of year (nov/dec) both outside whilst sailing and on shore? Also how early it gets dark? We will be visiting Spain, Malta, Greece and Egypt. Any help is greatly appreciated, I have absolutely no idea what to pack (or buy in anticipation;)).

I realise the ship will be similar to our Summer trips inside, but have only cruised in June/July before.

I went to Egypt in early November and it was 25c so warm without being too hot. Greece was chilly in the morning but warmed up by lunch but not all that warm. In general it should be warm but not hot; however, it would be a good idea to take small jacket or sweater with you and a waterproof.

It will be light till about 6 pm I think.

Thank you Lanky Lad, that is really useful. Looks like warmer than today and yesterday then!!

Thanks for the link, Scrapnana, my husband has a thing about daylight hours. He wants to go north for the midnight sun next year. He has been all doom with 'the nights are really drawing in' for about 2 months so far!!

Sarah

Thank you Lanky Lad, that is really useful. Looks like warmer than today and yesterday then!!

Thanks for the link, Scrapnana, my husband has a thing about daylight hours. He wants to go north for the midnight sun next year. He has been all doom with 'the nights are really drawing in' for about 2 months so far!!

Sarah

I agree with your husband. Once I was in the north of Scotland at the end of June, I loved the light almost all night.

Oh dear! I can see me packing a lot of extra clothes covering every eventuality from snow to warm sun! It is so much easier for men. I wonder how many suitcases I can jam into the car...

There's always a trailer!:rolleyes::D:D Phil

Oh dear! I can see me packing a lot of extra clothes covering every eventuality from snow to warm sun! It is so much easier for men. I wonder how many suitcases I can jam into the car...

Well, I have to say that I managed a world cruise under extreme weather conditions with just 2 suitcases - and maybe it's easier for men, but we look so much nicer :D :D !!

Did similar ports last November - we found Athens to be cold, certainly needed a jacket, the Greek Islands to be pleasantly warm through the day, Malta was pleasantly warm - just needed a lightweight cardigan later in the day. Previously been to Puerto Banus in Spain in December and the weather was warm enough for lightweight jeans, a t shirt and a lightweight jacket or cardigan. I find the weather at that time of year great for sightseeing as the crowds have gone, prices are sometimes lower and you see more as it's not too hot.

I generally pack a couple of pairs of lightweight trousers/jeans, t shirts, couple of lightweight cardigans, couple of jersey dresses and a jacket and that covers all eventualities. Oh and my trusted beret/hat that keeps the rain and the sun off my head as needed. Hope this helps.

Archived