On the Dream and NOT happy~!

pomlover

How do you figure it wasn't recognized? A maintenance man came to fix the toilet but it seemed that either he wasn't competent to do so, or it was a two person job and rather than wait for another person to come to assist, the husband helped.

I agree that they need to speak to a maintenance supervisor, but I also don't think there is anything wrong with posting their experiences on this board.

Keep in mind that there was an ongoing issue with getting the safe fixed, and a far too long wait at dinner as well. This was not just about the toilet.

Curious what was wrong with the safe.. All are electronic now and usually operator error is the issue.. Unless the key pad malfunctioned?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Or a better idea, all the people who post my soups cold threads here instead of sending it back to get another bowl along with the people that enjoy bashing carnival stay off this forum.. Because the mods have allowed this to become the bash carnival section..

Carnival is a good company and thousands of people have wonderful vacations with them..

People are allowed to be critical here. The mods allow it because there is NOTHING wrong with being critical. YOU and folks like you want this place to be your playground of yes men and stamp out any and all complaints. None of them are valid to you.

More evidence you aren't trying to help the OP. Just trying to crucify them.

Folks are allowed to complain of their cruise here. Who are you to say they cant? Why bully a guy for posting a complaint?

I think you should be entitled to post nothing but glowing reports of Carnival and no one should stop you or bully you for it. Just as folks should be able to post complaints, no one should stop or intimidate them.

Carnival is a great company, I agree but they aren't perfect. Hoping to book another soon.

Curious what was wrong with the safe.. All are electronic now and usually operator error is the issue.. Unless the key pad malfunctioned?

I had one in a hotel room recently that didn't work. The battery was dead. No operator error. Within five minutes of my calling guest services, a manager and maintenance person were at my door, and three minutes later it was fixed. As it should have been.

I had an issue 3x on my last cruise. It stopped recognizing my safe key. They came out (and evidently didn't log the work) and fixed it. Happened again a few hours later. I used different card. Worked until the next AM. Tried it again but used my DL. Worked great that day then at night it stopped working again.

Each of these times guest services had NO record of anyone coming out to do anything. Last day of cruise we got an apology not saying they were sorry the problem was never resolved. It was on the last sea day.

Didnt ruin my cruise or anything, was irritating though. Could have ruined it if we couldnt get my wallet out in time to make our excursions.

I had one in a hotel room recently that didn't work. The battery was dead. No operator error. Within five minutes of my calling guest services, a manager and maintenance person were at my door, and three minutes later it was fixed. As it should have been.

We had a problem with the safe on our ExOS cruise. Took a couple of hours for us to hook up. I would not have wanted a maintenance guy in my room or safe without me being present. He opened it pretty easily, wjhich was scary in itself.

She did report the issues, repeatedly. I haven't sailed CCL, but based on my experiences with another mass market line, there is often a disconnect between housekeeping, maintenance, guest services, and particularly between ship and shore. Just like in a large hotel, often there is a lack of coordination with guest services and some people just don't do their jobs very well.

Her husband certainly did more than he was required to, although they were told that someone needed to be in the cabin for the maintenance person to enter.

Had it been me, I would have been far more vocal and demanding that maintenance issues be taken care of immediately and there's no way I would have cleaned the mess. However not everyone is as assertive, and as the OP mentioned, her husband didn't want to see anyone get into trouble. Although without reporting poor performance, changes can't be initiated to correct it, so I'm glad that CCL is now aware of the problem.

Bottom line I don't understand why this poster is being crucified. There are obviously problems that aren't being resolved in the way they should be--immediately after the first notification and with the highest degree of professionalism.

My experience has not been the same. Rarely are there disconnects or lack of communications. Things happen when there are moving parts and people involved, but not very often when you think of the hundreds of thousands of people that cruise every week.

Maybe people are "critical" of the OP because of the hype of little problems, a safe that was fixed, a toilet that was fixed, one meal that was later than expected. Sometimes there is more than normal crew turnover, and it takes a few days for the team to rebuild. No one is perfect, and Carnival delivers a pleasant cruise experience most of the time. But, I don't expect everyone to bow down and then jump to attention when I make a request.

I used to be in the car business and was dismayed sometimes that some customers felt that a warranty issue was somehow a slap in the face, and they wanted to see someone punished because their new vehicle needed a minor repair. I am sorry the OP was inconvenienced, and had to waste precious cruise time on these minor issues.

Finally, the original post does not indicate any problem that has not been resolved.

We had a problem with the safe on our ExOS cruise. Took a couple of hours for us to hook up. I would not have wanted a maintenance guy in my room or safe without me being present. He opened it pretty easily, wjhich was scary in itself.

Anytime I've ever needed my safe opened or worked on, both a maintenance person and either a security person or manager came to the room. In Vegas they required me to show ID before they'd open the safe that had stopped functioning.

My experience has not been the same. Rarely are there disconnects or lack of communications. Things happen when there are moving parts and people involved, but not very often when you think of the hundreds of thousands of people that cruise every week.

Maybe people are "critical" of the OP because of the hype of little problems, a safe that was fixed, a toilet that was fixed, one meal that was later than expected. Sometimes there is more than normal crew turnover, and it takes a few days for the team to rebuild. No one is perfect, and Carnival delivers a pleasant cruise experience most of the time. But, I don't expect everyone to bow down and then jump to attention when I make a request.

I used to be in the car business and was dismayed sometimes that some customers felt that a warranty issue was somehow a slap in the face, and they wanted to see someone punished because their new vehicle needed a minor repair. I am sorry the OP was inconvenienced, and had to waste precious cruise time on these minor issues.

Finally, the original post does not indicate any problem that has not been resolved.

The problem that hasn't been resolved is the lack of customer service and the loss of cruise time and enjoyment dealing with poor service. The number of patrons shouldn't matter, they should adequate staff to handle anything that might come up and systems in place to make sure that preventable incidents don't happen. (ie delayed meals and multiple requests for maintenance.)

If I were the OP, I'd expect a letter of apology from the hotel manager hand delivered by a customer service representative who would also make sure that I was enjoying my cruise and had no further problems. I wouldn't go looking for comps or credits, but a genuine apology goes a very long way when dealing with customer service issues.

And this means that CCL actually DOES monitor these boards. I'm not giving out any more smuggling secrets, that's for sure! OP, hope everything is resolved and you are enjoying your cruise. :cool:

LOL..no they don't. They have the strange followers of JH that monitor for them/him and drag every negative post to him...it's bizarre.

Aside from the issues this ship is having right out of a dry dock (which isn't too uncommon for CCL. I sailed the Fantasy out of dry dock and it was my worst cruise) does it bother anyone else that a brand new ship needed a dry dock that soon in the first place??? :confused::confused::confused:

Isn't that kinda wierd?:confused:

I guess I just am jaded at this place as of late. Thats why I refuse to do my last 2 cruise review on the forums. I cannot see a single reason why it would be beneficial to do so. I just post them elsewhere.

I will no longer post a full review at all...My last was for Hawaii. I will add a comment from experience when I feel urged to do so but the only ones that will now get a full review from me are the corporate offices of whichever cruise line I sailed...via snail mail; no on line survery.

I will no longer post a full review at all...My last was for Hawaii. I will add a comment from experience when I feel urged to do so but the only ones that will now get a full review from me are the corporate offices of whichever cruise line I sailed...via snail mail; no on line survery.

Sorry to hear that as I thought your Hawaii review was outstanding and learned a lot from it.

Once when toilet was overflowing in a nice room in San Francisco i just opened back and found issue and temporarily fixed, diagnosed and called Maintenance and housekeeping and chose to shower then work out then reshower, toilet needed new inner fixings...hotel manager called and asked if I wanted to be employed in maintenance dept and took a half off that night's bill. OP you should get something off your bill and while they messed up..if one knows the problem and it is not getting fixed I know why you helped..to facilitate it getting over and that is an emergency...you should get a financial acknowledgment I think..have not read whole thread,,hope it gets better..Sarah

Sorry to hear that as I thought your Hawaii review was outstanding and learned a lot from it.

I agree. It made me want to book the same cruise.

There was a time I once loved to post a review but my heart isn't in it anymore. CC is not quite what it used to be.

I will tell you that my Bermuda cruise was amazing :) and NCL is getting a full 3 page letter from me.

I learned something important during this cruise....we ran into a bar waiter from a previous cruise on the Dawn. He recognized us and told us that the letter I had written after that previous cruise, complimenting him was acknowledged by NCL corporate. He told us how much he appreciated me taking the time to write and he also told us corporate gave him a copy of my letter and he literally framed it, with a picture he had of the 3 of us and he keeps it on his wall with all his many awards and accolades.

So folks, if someone makes your cruise special, TAKE THE TIME to acknowledge them...they are recognized by the company and they DO appreciate it!!

And, if there is something about your cruise that wasn't quite right let them know that too. Feedback is always important!!!

That is my PSA for today :)

There was a time I once loved to post a review but my heart isn't in it anymore. CC is not quite what it used to be.

I agree. I intended to do a review of my last Carnival cruise here but every time I start, I just stop. I think of all the creeps and crazies who do nothing but shoot down new folks and bully them for having any criticism and I then delete the review. Those folks get special protection here, so I believe its CC endorsed if not encouraged. It just sucks the joy out of doing a review.

Glad to hear your bartender got his recognition. Thats awesome. Looking to try NCL next, since CCL does not knowledge my prior cruises, I see less reason to try them again. I want to but whats the point if they have zero records of me ever sailing with them. I don't want perks, just acknowledgment that they can actually keep records at a basic level. Heck all I would like is a past guest rate. Too hard for Carnival to pull that one off apparently.

I will tell you that my Bermuda cruise was amazing :) and NCL is getting a full 3 page letter from me.

I learned something important during this cruise....we ran into a bar waiter from a previous cruise on the Dawn. He recognized us and told us that the letter I had written after that previous cruise, complimenting him was acknowledged by NCL corporate. He told us how much he appreciated me taking the time to write and he also told us corporate gave him a copy of my letter and he literally framed it, with a picture he had of the 3 of us and he keeps it on his wall with all his many awards and accolades.

So folks, if someone makes your cruise special, TAKE THE TIME to acknowledge them...they are recognized by the company and they DO appreciate it!!

And, if there is something about your cruise that wasn't quite right let them know that too. Feedback is always important!!!

That is my PSA for today :)

Good PSA....loved your Hawaii review too...sarah

I agree. I intended to do a review of my last Carnival cruise here but every time I start, I just stop. I think of all the creeps and crazies who do nothing but shoot down new folks and bully them for having any criticism and I then delete the review. Those folks get special protection here, so I believe its CC endorsed if not encouraged. It just sucks the joy out of doing a review.

Yup, same here, no more reviews from me. At least not here.

There was a time when you could get solid, up to the moment info here.

That time has passed.

Make me three Halos. Your review was one of the reasons I sailed CCl in the first place.

AND I'm holding you responsible. ;-)

It's all really too bad...

LOL..no they don't. They have the strange followers of JH that monitor for them/him and drag every negative post to him...it's bizarre.

Aside from the issues this ship is having right out of a dry dock (which isn't too uncommon for CCL. I sailed the Fantasy out of dry dock and it was my worst cruise) does it bother anyone else that a brand new ship needed a dry dock that soon in the first place??? :confused::confused::confused:

Isn't that kinda wierd?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing! :confused:

That's the part that didn't make sense. With elegant night on Monday ( first sea day). They took a nap and were getting ready for elegant night when the toilet problem happened. The post was on SUNDAY night. Elegant night had not even happened yet. It would have been a very active port day otherwise. Coming back from port, nap time, toilet problem, getting ready for dinner then taking kids for food, safe being fixed at 9pm, talking to customer service and posting here by 10pm

Having sailed on Dream 4x so far and going again in November, I am sorry to tell you that the first elegant night is Sunday night. Even though we have been in Nassau, we depart early and Sunday and Thursday are elegant nights on BOTH eastern and western.

Perhaps the OP didn't go ashore in Nassau, but even if they did, they must be back onboard by 1:30, so I can see the timeline. I just don't see why DH had to wait for the plumber as we have had things that needed fixing on Dream and we didn't need to be in the cabin.

Halos,

I think the main reason for the drydock was to change the two bars to the Rum Bar and the Blue Iguana. I realize that there needed to be some changes made in the decking as it was very slippery, and with the huge number of passengers sailing weekly, carpeting needed to be replaced. Changing the bars to the Rum Bar and Blue Iguana was done to increase revenue so that more people would use them and supposedly on other ships, they are open later than what the bars were when they were just Lido bars.

Using part or all of the formalities shop to become a candy shop is also to increase revenue, whereas, putting in a Guy's burger joint wouldn't do it. I'd have loved to see the burger place and the Italian restaurant put it for dinner, but that isn't a huge money maker like a bar, so it wasn't in the budget. I am ok with the changes as that means the prices for the cruise shouldn't need to go up, but only time will tell.

I think there might be a bit of "poet license" being taken with the post, but there are many cruisers who put things in the toilets that shouldn't be in there and then the toilets for others are blocked.

If this had happened to me, I'd be angry, but I wouldn't be taking the time or spending my money to post the report on here. I would also be upset if I did take the time to do so that someone else would see to it that it was posted on John's facebook page. If I wanted it there, I would post it myself. I'd put on my big girl panties and deal with onboard myself (along with DH of course, lol.)

Please disregard my previous post as I tried to edit it to add a note regarding Halos post and I put it in the wrong place, and it makes no sense. I am very sorry. Let's try again.

That's the part that didn't make sense. With elegant night on Monday ( first sea day). They took a nap and were getting ready for elegant night when the toilet problem happened. The post was on SUNDAY night. Elegant night had not even happened yet. It would have been a very active port day otherwise. Coming back from port, nap time, toilet problem, getting ready for dinner then taking kids for food, safe being fixed at 9pm, talking to customer service and posting here by 10pm

Having sailed on Dream 4x so far and going again in November, I am sorry to tell you that the first elegant night is Sunday night. Even though the ship goes to Nassau, the ship departs early and Sunday and Thursday are elegant nights on BOTH eastern and western.

Perhaps the OP didn't go ashore in Nassau, but even if they did, they must be back onboard by 1:30, so I can see the timeline. I just don't see why DH had to wait for the plumber as we have had things that needed fixing on Dream and we didn't need to be in the cabin. The issue with the safe was different and when we had a problem with the safe, we had to be there as our things were locked in the safe.

I think there might be a bit of "poet license" being taken with the post, but there are many cruisers who put things in the toilets that shouldn't be in there and then the toilets for others are blocked.

If this had happened to me, I'd be angry, but I wouldn't be taking the time or spending my money to post the report on here. I would also be upset if I did take the time to do so that someone else would see to it that it was posted on John's facebook page. I'd put on my big girl panties and deal with it onboard with DH's help of course.

Halos,

I think the main reason for the drydock was to change the two bars to the Rum Bar and the Blue Iguana. I realize that there needed to be some changes made in the decking as it was very slippery, and with the huge number of passengers sailing weekly, carpeting needed to be replaced. Changing the bars to the Rum Bar and Blue Iguana was done to increase revenue so that more people would use them and supposedly on other ships, they are open later than what the bars were when they were just Lido bars. Adding the candy shop in the location that was Formalities, also increases revenue.

Guy's burgers didn't increase revenue and the Cucina del Capitano didn't increase the revenue by much, so no way for them to be done. Lots of new people cruising and lots of changes.

Make me three Halos. Your review was one of the reasons I sailed CCl in the first place.

AND I'm holding you responsible. ;-)

It's all really too bad...

LOL...this is so hysterical...Do you realize I am labeled a Carnival hater? Not only by the irrational pom-pom wielders but by JH himself??? Ironic that the truth is my comments actually cause people to sail Carnival.

too funny....

Katie, I agree with you for the most part. Toilet issues are not uncommon on cruise ships but I think the issue the Op was having was not the one small issue, it was a culmination of many small issues.

Just like the small things a cruise line can do to make your vacation above and beyond your expectations, they can also cause it to be disappointing if too many 'small' things add up. Any single of the things that annoyed the OP on their own would be easy to swallow, but if you have two, three or four annoyances in a matter of one day on the ship, it can bring you down....no matter how 'glass half full' a person you are.

Archived