Future Cruise Deposit

Royalty X

I know the obvious answer is "just book a cruise" but I was wondering if anyone knows if the future cruise deposits are refundable please? Thanks!:)

Yes. If you don't use the future cruise deposit within four years you can ask for a refund. I do not know if you can ask for this refund earlier than four years. The money is refunded to the same credit card that was used to purchase it.

Hmmm, okay. I wonder what they would do if that credit card no longer exists...

A woman we met on a cruise had that problem. The Future Cruise Deposits were paid for on her husband's credit card, but he passsed away not long afterwards. When she applied for a refund she was told it had to be refunded to the same credit card. She told them the credit card didn't exist and his estate had been finalised. I didn't hear how the matter was resolved, but the cruiseline must have provision for this eventuality.

A woman we met on a cruise had that problem. The Future Cruise Deposits were paid for on her husband's credit card, but he passsed away not long afterwards. When she applied for a refund she was told it had to be refunded to the same credit card. She told them the credit card didn't exist and his estate had been finalised. I didn't hear how the matter was resolved, but the cruiseline must have provision for this eventuality.

Particularly in this day and age when credit (and debit) cards are continually hacked and you have to cancel your account and set up a new one.

I cancelled 3 of mine as I bought 5 at once....a little excited I know :p. They originally told me they would send a cheque but within days of cancelling them a credit appeared on my credit card. Trouble was they cancelled 4 of them :rolleyes: then I had a hard time getting them to re-instate the accidently cancelled one. In the end I kept the refund but as a gesture of goodwill they gave me a $100 credit towards a future cruise :D.

I purchased one in Jan 2012, we decided with all the competition here at the moment we weren't likely to go with P & O in the next four years.

Requested a refund a few weeks ago. Money was refunded to card next day. No problems. No questions asked :)

I purchased one in Jan 2012, we decided with all the competition here at the moment we weren't likely to go with P & O in the next four years.

Requested a refund a few weeks ago. Money was refunded to card next day. No problems. No questions asked :)

That's good news Mum81. That's my reason for doing it as well. RCI, here I come!! :D

Archived