Price drops!

cruise kitty

Hi, just a heads up, there are several price drops for our Nov. 18th, 2013 Silhouette cruise... if you're booked on it, you may want to check the prices! In fact, I'd check all late Fall 2013 Med cruises for drops, they usually happen in bunches! Good Luck all!

Cheers for that!

Does that possibly mean we can ask for the going rate and get some credit on ship?? that would be nice!With things to unsettled in the MED we are not really sure what this cruise may be. We may miss some of the most desired landings and not see things we have dreamed of for years!!

Does that possibly mean we can ask for the going rate and get some credit on ship?? that would be nice!With things to unsettled in the MED we are not really sure what this cruise may be. We may miss some of the most desired landings and not see things we have dreamed of for years!!

Since the cruise is still more than a year out, you'd just get the lower price, no OBC. As for missing any ports, this cruise isn't headed for any hot spots, so I wouldn't worry, of course, there's always a chance of a missed port due to weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, so I'd say at this point if missing a port is a make or break deal for you, maybe consider a land trip instead.

If you have not yet reached final payment, you can get reinvoiced for the lower price. I did this this year. Down payment in Dec, then in Jan had a 2 day price drop, got the same cabin, just had the TA reinvoice it to the lower price. We had actually paid so much by then (due to the amex deal last dec) that celebrity actually owed me 131 dollars which i had to accept as OBC (presume it's refundable so if i dont use it, i'll get it back - but likely i'll use it lol).

Always keep on top of the prices.

Even if they drop post final payment you might be able to get yourself an upgrade. You should never expect, however, to pay LESS after final payment. They might upgrade you to a higher category if that price drops to what your paid, but that's about it post final payment.

Hope this helps!

We've been on 3 med cruises in the past 3 years. We visited athens last year during the strikes.

If it is safe, the cruise line will take you there. Don't spend too much time worrying about that.

If that's a huge risk factor for you, then yes, you might want to consider a land trip in which you are under control.

Oh, I.m not about to do a 'land tour'. BUT with Cairo and Athens in turmoil we may not get to those venues this trip. According to what I see the "upper cabin grades" are all booked so we could not get an upgrade. I guess I will call my travel agent and have her go to bat for us. Still looking to book with a 'group' doing' the CLASSIC Cairo. My room mate has seen Cairo so it would be one lady..Me. Any one making that plan??

Archived