BCN Travel? Airport car service?

sr5242

I have booked through BCN for car service from the airport, but due to some things I've heard recently am concerned. Can anyone provide any positive or negative experiences with them? I am trying to decide whether to cancel and just grab a cab.

thanks!

We have used BCN travel a couple of times and have been really pleased with them.

What have you heard that causes you concern?

Another cc poster reported no one showing for her prepaid tour and having no luck getting a refund. There very 2 other posts on trip advisor stating the same thing

Glad to hear your experiences went well!

We have only used them for airport to hotel or airport to ship or ship to airport transfers. I have mobility problems and prefer a pre-arranged car than waiting for a taxi.

I have never pre-paid but the driver was always there waiting for us when they said they would be. They were always helpful and courteous.

We have only used them for airport to hotel or airport to ship or ship to airport transfers. I have mobility problems and prefer a pre-arranged car than waiting for a taxi.

I have never pre-paid but the driver was always there waiting for us when they said they would be. They were always helpful and courteous.

That's great to hear- thanks!

We used BCN travel for a private transfer from the airport in May before a cruise and had no problems. Our driver was prompt and was waiting there with a sign with our name on it. Of course, we overpaid over what it would've cost just to hire a taxi directly, but it was our first time in Europe and we had a warm and fuzzy feeling to have someone there waiting for us after a tiring overnight plane flight. Our driver was courteous, spoke perfect English, and everything went just fine. Hope that helps ease your concerns.

Just a couple of things about BCN. The taxi queue is organized and right outside where you exit with your luggage. It is unlikely you would ever wait for a taxi at BCN since there is no shortage of licensed taxis in Barcelona. You simply get in the organized line and there will be someone to keep things organized and steer you to your taxi. And finally, the cost of a taxi is approximately 30 Euros (give or take a few) depending where you go in Barcelona. Taxis are fine for a couple with luggage...but not a great option for larger groups. Sometimes there will be some van/taxis in the queue but you cannot count on this fact.

Hank

We used BCN travel for a private transfer from the airport in May before a cruise and had no problems. Our driver was prompt and was waiting there with a sign with our name on it. Of course, we overpaid over what it would've cost just to hire a taxi directly, but it was our first time in Europe and we had a warm and fuzzy feeling to have someone there waiting for us after a tiring overnight plane flight. Our driver was courteous, spoke perfect English, and everything went just fine. Hope that helps ease your concerns.

Thanks!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks!!!!

Well, I used bcn travel today. Awful! Instead of a town car we were put into a dirty taxi with a driver who spent the entire ride talking loudly on his cell phone using the speakerphone feature so we had to sit and listen to both sides of his conversation the entire ride!!! And he didn't even help with our bags!

Avoid!

Archived