FCD's - New Terms Begin on Friday

sail7seas

Seattle HQ wrote the letter that teh FCC is worth $200 and not the $250 I claim. I wrote back for an explanation and sent a copy of my Guest Booking Confirmation I received on the ship that says $250.

Now I found this thread that talks about changes. So I think maybe the old FCCs are now worth less.

Seattle HQ wrote the letter that teh FCC is worth $200 and not the $250 I claim. I wrote back for an explanation and sent a copy of my Guest Booking Confirmation I received on the ship that says $250.

Now I found this thread that talks about changes. So I think maybe the old FCCs are now worth less.

Perhaps Head Office is getting confused. The $250 FCD is worth $200 on board credit?

Perhaps Head Office is getting confused. The $250 FCD is worth $200 on board credit?

That is what I am thinking that there is a mis-communication between Ship Board credit coming from a Future Cruise Deposit and the actual face Value of the purchased Future Cruise deposit that is used toward booking. Cruiserzoid have you booked a new cruise using this Future Cruise deposit? What is the dollar amount shown as deposit received? How long of a cruise are you looking to book and have booked? Is it possible you bought $200 in total Future Cruise Deposits and were told that you would receive $50.00 in Ship Board credit thinking the value is $250?

:) Actually it is ALL Good News for the changes coming to the Future Cruise Deposits.

First if anyone has a Future Cruise Deposit in waiting absolutely nothings changes on that.

But starting on Friday on board the ships of HAL there will be a new Break Down in Purchasing Future Cruise Deposits that you will sort of need to know what type of cruise you will be purchasing and this also will apply if you book a New cruise on board the ship.

Sailings of 3 to 10 days will now be a $100.00 deposit or Future Cruise Deposit per person with the same Ship Board Credit received as before. The difference here is that I believe that those under 7 days will now receive Ship Board Credit they did not previously.

Sailings booked that are 11 -21 days in length will require a deposit of $250.00 per person and will receive the Ship Board Credit that was given previously for the longer voyages with the Future Cruise Deposit.

Sailings 22 - 50 days will require a $500.00 per person deposit and yes there is a whole new set of Ship Board Credit for this that is higher but I do not have those figures as of yet.

51 days or Longer will be $1000.00 Deposit with Ship Board Credit as well that is more.

Previously when you purchased a Future Cruise Deposit it could only be used for sailings up to 36 days now you will be able to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit for theose longer sailings even though you are not yet ready to book or that sailing has not yet been released such as World Cruise Segments.

It really is all good and they are not taking away anything other than those that book longer cruises with the $100 FUture Cruise Deposit they will have to use a Future Cruise Deposit that cost a bit more but while I did not get the exacts I want to say there was a bit more in Ship Board Credit with the $250.00 Future Cruise Deposit but I could be mistaken.

Lisa: You are a polethera of good information. I always like it when you jump in on a topic because I know you will give the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Please keep up the good work.

Background information.

I was complaining to Seattle in a letter about several issues about my Jan 4th Maasdam cruise. I was complaining about not getting my shareholders shipboard credit and being charged for my liquor purchase I had won. They ahve a contest when you buy liquor the first night and if you win you get it free. I won but my charge was still on my final bill. I wrote to get these straightened out and was getting nowhere. So, I had a FCC for $250 on an upcoming scheduled cruise of 21 days.

Since I was getting nowhere, I decided to cancel that cruise and told them so;and, also requested my FCC money back. I told them I had had problems for years and years with HAL and I do not need the frustration and aggravation.

I received a letter this week that they will reverse my charges on the liquor I won. They also said they will give me my FCC back; but,they say it is for $200 and not $250. I have a Guest Booking Confirmation that states $250 so I forwarded that to them.

I will see what happens. They mentioned nothing in the letter about the shareholders shipboard credit.

They never give you any explanations. You are lucky to get resolutions.

The GBC says $250 deposit.

You can cruise bigger because we just booked bigger in December. I had purchased the $250 deposits on the NA in Nov. but then decided to take a 22 day cruise. We were allowed to upgrade our FCD's to $500 pp by paying the difference just as though we were still aboard. This is allowed and was explained to us by the FCC on the NA.

I think from now on we will just buy $100 deposits to get our feet in the door and then upgrade as needed.

Thanks for this post, Sapper.

Good to know. First I have heard this.

I bought 4 FCDs in January on the Ryndam. Yes, I had that same couple and they said not a word about the new system, so I bought $100 ones. When I got home and started planning more cruises I ended up booking b2b, the first FLL to SanDiego for 15 days, for which I used 2 FCCs plus $50. The second leg of 30 days cost me 2 FCCs and $300.

The couple on the Ryndam never mentioned any FCCs beyond the $100 ones and I don't really see the point in buying them, just use more of the $100 ones. I certainly didn't know what cruises I was going to book at that time.

For my Voyage of the Vikings cruise this summer I had to pay a deposit of $1700 for the 35-day cruise, since I was out of FCCs when I booked.

I'm going to Bermuda on Oceania's Regatta in April and agree with Sapper about the boards. I feel like an outsider. I feel so relaxed and at home on HAL and Princess and hope I won't feel intimidated.

I bought 4 FCDs in January on the Ryndam. Yes, I had that same couple and they said not a word about the new system, so I bought $100 ones. When I got home and started planning more cruises I ended up booking b2b, the first FLL to SanDiego for 15 days, for which I used 2 FCCs plus $50. The second leg of 30 days cost me 2 FCCs and $300.

The couple on the Ryndam never mentioned any FCCs beyond the $100 ones and I don't really see the point in buying them, just use more of the $100 ones. I certainly didn't know what cruises I was going to book at that time.

For my Voyage of the Vikings cruise this summer I had to pay a deposit of $1700 for the 35-day cruise, since I was out of FCCs when I booked.

I'm going to Bermuda on Oceania's Regatta in April and agree with Sapper about the boards. I feel like an outsider. I feel so relaxed and at home on HAL and Princess and hope I won't feel intimidated.

Is the Regatta small enough that you can dock in Hamilton rather than the Dockyard? If so that would be a big plus.

It took a minute but I remember the "posting with strangers " discussion of a few months ago now. I thought I was the only one before that thread.

Yes, SAPPER, it docks right in Hamilton for a few days, then over to St. George for a day. That's the reason I wanted this cruise. The big ships have to dock out at the Navy Yard, which is a long way from where you want to be.

The very first I learned about the new system of using FCCs was when I booked my Jan. 2014 cruises and my TA told me how it now worked. I truly believe that those two twits on the Ryndam didn't even know about the change when they sold me the FCCs in January.

Surprisingly, the post that caused this topic to be brought up to the front page has been removed. As are the subsiquent posts regarding a member of this Board being stalked.

Would a moderator please post regarding this or email me as to why the posts were removed.

I thought we weren't allowed to ask why posts are removed?:confused: anyone can click that red triangle and object to a post for a number of reasons. if the mods agree with the concern they remove them. Simple as that. This is not a democracy:p;)

Yes, SAPPER, it docks right in Hamilton for a few days, then over to St. George for a day. That's the reason I wanted this cruise. The big ships have to dock out at the Navy Yard, which is a long way from where you want to be.

The very first I learned about the new system of using FCCs was when I booked my Jan. 2014 cruises and my TA told me how it now worked. I truly believe that those two twits on the Ryndam didn't even know about the change when they sold me the FCCs in January.

Oh lovely. We were lucky enough to dock in Hamilton on the Veendam so I know the treat you are in for. Be sure to take the ferry over to the dockyard for a day though as it is interesting with the fort and museum.

Our TA on the Prinsendam in May will take us to Hamilton for a day. Sort of a booster shot, if you will.

Archived