Late Star arrival in SF, BVE boarding time, realistic departure time...

gcvt

We sail Wednesday afternoon on Star to Mexico. Star is scheduled to arrive in SF at 10:00AM Wednesday morning. We have a friend coming along for the BVE and when she logs in, princess.com tells her BVE boarding is at 12:30PM. We are supposed to sail at 4:00PM. How does this all sound to you experienced Princess BVE'ers? What are the chances all these things will happen on time? Six hour total turnaround? If we sail late, will our BVE guest still have to leave the ship at 3:00PM? :confused:

We sail Wednesday afternoon on Star to Mexico. Star is scheduled to arrive in SF at 10:00AM Wednesday morning. We have a friend coming along for the BVE and when she logs in, princess.com tells her BVE boarding is at 12:30PM. We are supposed to sail at 4:00PM. How does this all sound to you experienced Princess BVE'ers? What are the chances all these things will happen on time? Six hour total turnaround? If we sail late, will our BVE guest still have to leave the ship at 3:00PM? :confused:

The ship is coming from a 2 day repo cruise. Not all the cabins will be turned because either the ship is not entirely sold out or some folks will continue on.

For folks on the 2 day portion, they probably aren't bringing that much luggage. Additionally, when I went on a 2 day last year, I never saw inside or oceanview rooms for sale, which leads me to believe they didnt sell 1/4 of the rooms on the ship.

While I'm not an experienced BVE'er, your guest will likely be requested to leave at 3pm regardless.

Would love to hear about your embarkation, I saw that you left SF early.

Would love to hear about your embarkation, I saw that you left SF early.

Eh, the Star left right around 4PM, just like it was supposed to. Course, it didn't hurt them that they did still ask those of us that were leaving to be out of our cabins by 8am still. But it was definitely not a full ship on the repo, I heard somewhere over half the ship was sold, and it definitely felt like it wasn't that full.

Archived