What's open for lunch when we board?

Perki

Will be on Magic in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there is anyplace onboard that will be open for lunch when we first board the ship, other than the buffet? My experience on other cruise lines is they push the buffet for this first onboard meal, but those in the know head to the pizza restaurant or similar, as it is also open but less busy. Can someone tell me what if anything will be available or is it just the buffet on Disney that first days lunch? Thank you!

Both buffets will be open as well as the counter service restaurants by the pool. My reccomendation is to go to Parrot Cay. If the host suggests you try the upstairs buffet by the pool, say you'll wait and you'll be seated promptly. I simply find this buffet to be quieter and you're served more readily with drinks and refills.

We were starving by the time we got on the ship because it was noon and we hadn't had anything to eat since 6am. The CM were telling everyone to go to Parrot Cay. The line was HUGE. I read a review on cruise critic before we left that said they went to Topsiders and were able to avoid the crowd. I grabbed my husband and daughter and we got on the elevator and went up to Topsiders. There was hardly anyone there. Yes it is a buffet, but it tasted really good (maybe because we were so hungry). And my daughter who was getting cranky because she was hungry was able to eat right away. Everyone was happy!!

it is a buffet, but it tasted really good (maybe because we were so hungry). And my daughter who was getting cranky because she was hungry was able to eat right away. Everyone was happy!!

Both are the same buffet, just different locations. You can let the crowds decided, but I've always found the opposite. However, since we're taking DCL transportation from the resort next time, we'll probably board so late that the main buffet is our only option.

Archived