Voyager of the Seas OR Explorer of the Seas?

Voyager or Explorer  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Voyager or Explorer

• Voyager, for sure!
    • Preference for Voyager
    • Preference for Explorer
    • Explorer, for sure!

Given the same itinarary, departure port, and at the same price, would you cruise Voyager of the Seas or Explorer of the Seas?

Prefer votes from those who have sailed on both.

Reason for your preference would be great!

Thanks,

j

I've sailed on both ships and loved both ships, but give Explorer the edge as I liked her decor better and just had a more refined experience on her. I had 2 perfect cruises on Explorer and 1 "nearly" perfect cruise on Voyager. I'd sail either ship in a heartbeat. In fact, I just booked Explorer for a 3rd time this week!

Bonnie....I just posted a thread for info on the Explorer and I noticed this thread. Any info you can give me would be wonderful. We are seriously thinking of cruising on the Explorer for a mini getaway vacation in 09/06. I am thinking of going for the balcony for this cruise....any info would be appreciated.

Bonnie, We have cabin 1688 on the 10-20-06 9nt out of Cape Liberty. We saw your pictures on Web Shots which were beautiful. Do you have any recent pictures of this cabin ???

Bonnie....I just booked the balcony. Anything on the ship that is "a must do or see" This is the first time for us with Royal Caribbean. Do they have the same dining as Celebrity? Any specialy restaurants? How is the spa? I know on the M ships with Celebrity there are perks in the spa.

The reason I started this poll was because for the past two years my family and I have sailed Voyager out of Cape Liberty (Bayonne), and have loved it. Next year, Explorer will be replacing Voyager at that port and we will probably book (while on board Voyager in October). I wanted to find out if we'll like Explorer as much as Voyager - sounds like we will! Thanks!

jim

Luci, In my opinion, everything on Explorer is a must see! ;) It is just such a lovely ship. I recommend you go to the ice show during the week. I recommend at least one dinner at Portofino (the specialty restaurant). The spa is beautiful but I've never used any of their services except for their hot tub, so I can't really make any recommendations for the spa services. Take time to just wander around and explore the ship. There is beautiful and interesting artwork everywhere. There is so much to see you probably can't see and do it all. But you will have fun trying! :D

I completely agree with Bonnie on everything she said. Explorer is also my favorite ship. The whole ship is a must see. I suggest one day starting at the top and walking each deck. There is no place on this ship that should be missed.

My advice is sleep as little as possible and enjoy every minute you have aboard her as it will all be over way too quickly. When I wrote my review of Explorer the word I chose to best describe her was magnificant. And that is exactly what she is.

Archived