How many cruises were affected in 2004 by hurricanes?

sunray

I don't know that anyone has an actual number, but there were alot... You have to think of the number of major hurricanes (that hit hard and not much time in between), plus the number of cruiselines, and the number of ships in each cruiseline... there were alot that were affected last year, but most of them DID cruise, they just had either shortened or lengthened cruises...

Does anyone know how many cruises were affected or canceled because of hurricanes in 2004? We are sailing the Miracle on September 4, 2005.

If you are talking about all cruiselines probably over 100+ were affected in some way due to the hurricanes.It was the worst year in the history of Carnival. They cancelled more cruises last hurricane season that at anytime in there history.

With the above being said I guess I am more concerned about cancelations.

There is ALWAYS a risk of cancellation during Hurricane Season... there were a lot of cancellations and changes last year, it was a heavy year for some bad hurricanes... But this is a risk you run when cruising during hurricane season...

sunray--

Your signature and post shows you're no stranger to September cruising so this inquiring mind is curious as to why you question the amount of cancellations in 2004. As a current Florida resident I'd like to put 2004 aside ;) , and the future cannot be planned so ...

Enjoy your cruise!

sunray--

Your signature and post shows you're no stranger to September cruising so this inquiring mind is curious as to why you question the amount of cancellations in 2004. As a current Florida resident I'd like to put 2004 aside ;) , and the future cannot be planned so ...

Enjoy your cruise!

And as a South Carolina resident (they all came up through here including several storms that missed other states) I'd like to put Hurricane Season 2004 to bed for good. I think every single weekend from the end of July through September we were hit with something. I hear the storm update theme music on the weather channel and get a feeling of dread.

I even got the last flight out Miami Airport the end of September fleeing from Jeannie!

Not many cruises were outright cancelled. The cruises after the hurricanes were impacted much more - e.g. all those that had to skip Grand Cayman for the two months it was closed.

I was on the Elation when Ivan was pounding the Caribbean, but we were affected at all. I was hoping for at least some rock and roll, but nothing. we did run into passengers from other ships that had skipped ports and/or stayed in ports longer than scheduled, to avoid the hurricanes.

Sea Turtle-

I have only cruised one time. This was in September of 2002. We had to cancel our 2003 Glory Cruise. I know there is ALWAYS a risk of cruising during Hurricane Season, but this year is forcasted to be worst than last year. After hearing this, I was wondering how many cruises were actually canceled instead of being re-routed last year. Our ten year anniversary is September 9th!!!

I am in Jacksonville, so we were affected last year. One of the hurricanes left us with no power for over a week. I know many were worse off than us, but with the small inconviences we went through, I am not looking forward to a replay of 2004!!

Thanks!

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you may want to make alternate anniversary plans. You're absolutely right, "they" are predicting the same, if not more hurricanes/tropical storms for 2005. We just booked a cruise for September 2, 2006, and I'm definitely willing to "go with the flow". You have insurance, I trust. ;)

Sea Turtle-I have only cruised one time. This was in September of 2002. We had to cancel our 2003 Glory Cruise. I know there is ALWAYS a risk of cruising during Hurricane Season, but this year is forcasted to be worst than last year. After hearing this, I was wondering how many cruises were actually canceled instead of being re-routed last year. Our ten year anniversary is September 9th!!!

I am in Jacksonville, so we were affected last year. One of the hurricanes left us with no power for over a week. I know many were worse off than us, but with the small inconviences we went through, I am not looking forward to a replay of 2004!!

Thanks!

Archived