Booked my Flight - a question

KPGirl

Ok so I finally booked one way of my flight, talking with Southwest they said if the price drops I just go on line and change my booked to get the new price, does anyone have experience with this?? Is it cash back or money towards another flight ?

Ok so I finally booked one way of my flight, talking with Southwest they said if the price drops I just go on line and change my booked to get the new price, does anyone have experience with this?? Is it cash back or money towards another flight ?

It's a southwest credit in your name that must be used within 1 year. You used to be able to sell it but they changed it so it's non-transferable. I do it all the time when I see my flight price has dropped. It's very easy!

It's a southwest credit in your name that must be used within 1 year. You used to be able to sell it but they changed it so it's non-transferable. I do it all the time when I see my flight price has dropped. It's very easy!

This is correct. We had that happen for our upcoming cruise. Our Southwest flight dropped by $44. ea way times 2 pax= $176. We found a good deal & ended up using our air credit for an extra vacation. We only had to pay the slight difference. It is non transferable & you do have to use it within a year of original purchase date.

Wrigley80: I know SW just merged with Airtran, but not sure if they have the same rules.

So I guess we lose out because there is no way we'd be travelling again in a year. Damn !!!

That is what happened to us as I explained earlier. We were not planning another vacation, but SW had a great sale so we made it an extra long weekend. They had flights from MCI (our home airport) to BNA (Nashville) for $49. ea way pp. I just couldn't pass up the chance for a sweet long weekend. Just keep checking different flights & find one that fits with your schedule, the air credit you have & someplace you'd like to visit.

I work for Southwest it is either a credit or a refund depending on which rate you booked. Some rates are refundable some are not. If it is a credit it is good for one year from date of purchase for air only. We have aquired AirTran but are currently operating as two separate airlines with different rules :)

if you booked the early bird seats and you change your flight to the cheaper flight you lose your standing as the EB goes by the date you rebook.

southwest drpped 60.00 per person and since i will not be flying within the year i booked its not worth it to lose me seating prioity

Archived