"Call for price and availibility"

santa fe

I also thought, in addition to the already stated, that sections of Grand Voyages are listed that way as HAL works assignments for people sailing all or part of those sailings. ??????
We're looking at a Prinsendam GV segment next spring, and all classes of cabins are guarantees only, but not "call for price and availability" ... yet. (You can choose a specific cabin only by booking the entire GV.)

Probably, actually almost certainly, doesn't apply to HAL but I've been researching potential cruises for next year and have come across the "call for price and availability" on number of cruises on HAL's upscale cousin within the Carnival group. My initial thought was that it probably meant that particular cabin category, basically all veranda suites, was sold out or close to sold out. Yesterday I got a semi-unsolicited call from one of the line's personal cruise consultants who said they'd noticed my research and wanted to know if he could be of assistance. As it turned out there actually were a lot, even what I would call "choice" or "preferred" veranda suites available. I never came out and asked why the "call for price and availability" label on the website but as we talked back and forth it was apparent the price was a bit of a moving target. I say that as I initially hesitated and thanked him for the information and he quickly came back with a "maybe we can do better" which was a new and interesting experience for me as typically I don't think of cruise prices as negotiable. I hesitate to draw a lot of conclusions from just one conversation with one consultant on just one cruise. Maybe it was an off day, maybe it's an indicator that times are still difficult, or maybe it was the position of the moon. :rolleyes::). Interesting nonetheless.

Should have said his second offer was 5% off his initial price. Told him that was still a bit higher than I wanted to pay especially since this was a cruise based in St Maarten with a pretty substantial airfare cost. He said he'd continue to watch the fare and get back to me if he could get a further reduction.

"What would it take to get you into this cabin today?"

hmm....

"Let me speak to my sales manager"

;)

That was kind the way my conversation went yesterday.....as I said....a bit surprising. :) The "let me talk to my sales manager" were exactly the words used and resulted in the 5% reduction. I didn't book the cruise and probably won't as it was still an expensive cruise, above my level of cost tolerance for a Caribbean cruise. Don't want to go broke saving money. :D

Archived