Disney Fantasy - Western. Trip Report with photos

Jenn_K

OMG Jen I totally read your whole review thinking to myself, hey I was on the same cruise and something seems really familiar about this! Then I finally see a pic of your face and I am like duh, I totally met her lol! I kept thinking your daughter looked familiar and it's because i met you guys the first day on-board. I'm April (ruley3)'s sister that surprised her on the cruise:D I feel like a total ding bat :p

OMG Jen I totally read your whole review thinking to myself, hey I was on the same cruise and something seems really familiar about this! Then I finally see a pic of your face and I am like duh, I totally met her lol! I kept thinking your daughter looked familiar and it's because i met you guys the first day on-board. I'm April (ruley3)'s sister that surprised her on the cruise:D I feel like a total ding bat :p

:) Glad to see you over here! For those of you reading from the beginning - April is the friend I literally just happened upon during sail away!

It was so awesome how you surprised her. The way she gushed over you being on the cruise made me all teary!

Now I guess I should add some more to my report :)

Oh - and you are cruising in 3 days!!!! so jealous - have a great time!

Edited by Help@
Oh!!!

After Cozumel we had another sea day. This is when we had our Remy Brunch – and I finally took some food photos!

You can find my mini-photo pictorial here: Remy Brunch - Photos

But I will share the photos here too!

Remy Lunch starts out with a small group meeting with the chef and sommelier. Our group was 4 couples. Here you are given your first course of pata negra (think a Spanish version of prosciutto) and a glass of champagne. They show you the special machine used to slice the meat and talk a bit about themselves and the experience you are about to have.

Because my hands were full, I forgot to take photos however, You can see photos of the start of the Remy Brunch here in this post taken by member Disney Fantasy: Pata Negra

After that, we were seated and given the menu.

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

We decided to add the champagne pairings at this point.

The second course presented to us was Gnocchi Chili. There were gnocchi over chili beans, white chocolate, and topped with a chili foam. This was one of the best dishes I have ever had. I am sure you will see me say that about many of these courses.

IMG_4142.jpg

The champagne for this course, which also pairs with the third course, is Taittinger Prestige Couvee Rose'. It paired perfectly.

IMG_4143.jpg

You also have on the table a lovely herb bread with butter and sea salt.

IMG_4144.jpg

Our third course was Lobster Cannelloni topped with caviar. This was paired with a radish, and a piece of fresh lobster.

Apparently I was hungry, because this was the photo I took

IMG_4145.jpg

After the lobster we were given our second champagne - to pair with the fourth and fifth course. It is a vintage 2004 Pommery Gold - Pop. The bottles are really neat single serve bottles. Our waiter explained that these were used on New Year's Eve that year, and that many people drink it from a straw! Unfortunately I was given a glass. I suppose Remy is too fancy for drinking your champagne straight from the bottle via a straw :)

IMG_4151.jpg

Fourth Course was Sea Bass over egg with a Thai sauce. True story - I do not eat fish. Another true story, I have a weird aversion to moist scrambled egg. The most astonishing true story of all - I loved this dish. I ate every single bite. It was wonderful. It may have opened doors for my future with moist egg dishes and different fish.

IMG_4150.jpg

Our Fifth Course was another favorite (seeing a trend yet) It was Pork Loin with turnips (this time from a French pig, unlike the Spanish pig used for the pata negra). The pork was fabulous, whatever the reduction was on the pork was tasty as well. The turnips were the biggest surprise of all. They were so sweet and paired perfectly with both the saltiness of the pork and the champagne.

IMG_4153.jpg

Now for the Finale. First out came our glasses of Moet and Chandon Ice. I was actually excited for this. They had talked about this champagne at the tasting I was at earlier in the week but it wasn't part of the tasting. Until the cruise, I had never had a champagne that cost over maybe $10-12 a bottle so all of these different champagnes were a treat. I have come home with a few new, unfortunately more expensive, favorites.

IMG_4154.jpg

Now, if you love chocolate (who doesn't?) then this dish will certainly please your palate. They called it a duet of chocolate with caramel pearls. Truely though there were three types of chocolate. It was a log of chocolate mousse that had a hard chocolate center. Then poured around the chocolate table-side was a pepper spiced hot chocolate.

IMG_4156.jpg

After dessert we were given some treats. There were fresh made marshmallows, chocolate lollipops, and something small that I am comparing to creme brulee in bite sized form. We devoured the marshmallow and other small bites but saved the lollies for the kids.

IMG_4157.jpg

And just a few extra shots I took, little touches of Remy everywhere.

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

I really liked the lamps

IMG_4138.jpg

The view from our table

IMG_4136.jpg

And us … looking all dressed up

IMG_4159.jpg

And Jack enjoying his chocolate lolly. It was GOOD

IMG_4168.jpg

Thanks, Jenn K for the TR! You remind me so much of myself that I read a lot of it to my DH who agreed! I get very impatient waiting on any vacation especially a cruise and a Disney cruise at that! I research everything and my DH says I live the cruise before I even take it!! Our next DC is the Fantasy-Eastern, Oct. 5, 2013 :eek:

I love/have to be early to the port and want to be the first to be on the ship, however, that has never happened! I am always hustling the family and they never understand my excitement to be early and yes, my DD and I always get misty when we see the ship and when we have to leave:( Also something the DH clearly doesn't understand:confused:

Thanks for a wonderful report and pics! I loved the one w/the ship reflection in your daughters sunglasses - Nice!

:) Glad to see you over here! For those of you reading from the beginning - April is the friend I literally just happened upon during sail away!

It was so awesome how you surprised her. The way she gushed over you being on the cruise made me all teary!

Now I guess I should add some more to my report :)

Oh - and you are cruising in 3 days!!!! so jealous - have a great time!

It was so much fun being able to pull the surprise off! I was literally about to bust from excitement!!:D Love my big sis! Thanks for adding more to the report too;) And no worries I will have a drink for you on this cruise!!!

awesome report, we are going in less than a year, i am curious how expensive was the pirate make over for you little one??? did you send him to the kids club or the nursery?? my son will be almost 4 when we go thats why i'm asking lol

I just booked the pirate makeover for an upcoming cruise on the Fantasy, so I'll offer an answer. It's $34.99 for the basic makeover which includes a bandana, sword, sheath, makeup, tattoo, and facial feature (e.g., scare). It really seems reasonable (for Disney) overall. There is a more expensive package, about $100, that might include a costume.

The nursery is really intended for those under 3 unless there are potty training issues.

You can book it before the cruise? Thats awesome! I know about the nursery he is almost 3 now and potty trained so I'm hoping he goes in the kids club since its 11 months away lol

Yes you can book it online when your online check-in window begins, which is 75 days before if you've never sails DCL before. It is earlier if your a Castaway Club member provided that you've paid your cruise fare in full

DCL has been known to make exceptions for kids under 3 that are potty trained. However, your may be a bit too young. My son was given the option by the manager of the clubs to go into the regular club; however, he preferred the nursery as it was less chaotic. Your child's temperament may be different, though.

• 7 months later...

I was reading over my review and realized I never gave it a proper ending! I will see what photos I can round up and end it properly. Remy is probably the last "major" thing we did - except for Castaway Cay :) I need to get on this !

• 4 months later...
I was reading over my review and realized I never gave it a proper ending! I will see what photos I can round up and end it properly. Remy is probably the last "major" thing we did - except for Castaway Cay :) I need to get on this !

Jenn_K,

Yes you need to get on this; I just linked here from Facebook and there's sure to be more CC members just like me that want more...

ps: I have two reviews that I didn't get around to finishing so I know all too well how hard it is to keep up. ;) WebShots also got rid of my pics from several reviews...:mad:

• 5 months later...