OBC from NCL & TA - Refundable???

ptuder

If my TA gives me OBC it's not for NCL to dictate how I use it. I plan to use mine for the daily gratuity. The TA send real money to credit my account so I feel it is my prerogative to use it as I see fit. OBC from NCL I view as different because it's their credit so they could control it.

We also used non-refundable OBC to leave tips for the Butler and Concierge. We just went to guest services and the gave us a certificate to give to them, and it works the same as cash. It can not be used for the DSC, but you can leave all other tips with it including SR's.

Would this also work for a Cabin Steward, Waiter, Assistant Waiter, etc ? We usually give a bit "extra" in cash direct (but) if we can utilize our non-refundable OBC for a "bonus/extra" certificate, that would be awesome.

I believe you could for your room steward. If you wanted to give to a waiter or someone else, I think you would have to know their full name since you won't have the same wait staff all week.

If my TA gives me OBC it's not for NCL to dictate how I use it. I plan to use mine for the daily gratuity. The TA send real money to credit my account so I feel it is my prerogative to use it as I see fit. OBC from NCL I view as different because it's their credit so they could control it.

Sometimes some of the OBC your TA gives you is a "bonus" from NCL for the TA having a group booking. That credit is non refundable. OBC the TA actually pays for will be refundable.

We also used non-refundable OBC to leave tips for the Butler and Concierge. We just went to guest services and the gave us a certificate to give to them, and it works the same as cash. It can not be used for the DSC, but you can leave all other tips with it including SR's.

Would this also work for a Cabin Steward, Waiter, Assistant Waiter, etc ? We usually give a bit "extra" in cash direct (but) if we can utilize our non-refundable OBC for a "bonus/extra" certificate, that would be awesome.

I am sure you can because we have also used this for the the room steward.:)

• 3 weeks later...

This thread has been extremely helpful for learning about all the new OBC rules. I just want to confirm some things I've read and hope someone can answer.

1. OBC from NCL can be used to buy future cruise voucher? So, you pay $250.00 from your OBC for it and then they give you an additional OBC of $100. Is that right?

2. OBC can be used for butler and concierge tips.

3. OBC can be used for anything other than the DSC. So, I can use it at the bar, for shore excursions, for gift shop purchases and SR fees?

I guess what I am trying to confirm is that the only thing it CAN'T be used for is the DSC.

Thanks everyone!

Archived