Non-refundable Anxiety

bgyoshi

I'm trying to buy my flights from San Francisco to Barcelona through ChoiceAir for a Mediterranean cruise in April 2013. I'm about to hit "Submit"...but that big red star with the words "Non-refundable" next to it, is making my heart race!! I've bought travel insurance and intend on adding this to the policy once I purchase, but man I'm so nervous! It's an expensive flight! lol. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Buying the air is always a big purchase for me too...Especially for an overseas flight...I'm getting ready to leave for a land only trip to China and when I purchased this trip and all it entails several months ago I felt the same :eek:...

I too always insure my trips and luckily I have never had to use that purchase..But it always gives peace of mind, as no one ever knows what can happen when planning so far ahead...

Best of luck and hope you enjoy your cruise out of Barcelona as much as we did last August to the western med :)

I'm trying to buy my flights from San Francisco to Barcelona through ChoiceAir for a Mediterranean cruise in April 2013. I'm about to hit "Submit"...but that big red star with the words "Non-refundable" next to it, is making my heart race!! I've bought travel insurance and intend on adding this to the policy once I purchase, but man I'm so nervous! It's an expensive flight! lol. Anyone else ever experienced this?

Sometimes the "Flex" option is not that much more money. The "Flex" option freezes your flight cost, and only requires a $25pp upfront cost. The balance is due at cruise final payment, so if you cancel before final payment, you are only out the $25.

Sometimes the "Flex" option is not that much more money. The "Flex" option freezes your flight cost, and only requires a $25pp upfront cost. The balance is due at cruise final payment, so if you cancel before final payment, you are only out the $25.

Is that an option with all international travel airlines? I 'm not familiar with the concept and would love to know more. Thank you in advance.

Is that an option with all international travel airlines? I 'm not familiar with the concept and would love to know more. Thank you in advance.

"Flex" is an option when booking flights through Royal's "Choice Air" booking service. You can check out Choice Air at http://www.choiceair.com.

Its like gambling or playing the stock market- there is no way around taking a "risk" when it comes to air prices. The airfares fluctuate with the market and lately its impossible to predict what will happen. You have to pick a price you can live with, insure it if you can't afford to lose it, and forget it!:(

Archived