Cove balconies and B2B

misguidedangel

I need your help. I am planning, well hoping, to do a B2B on the Breeze next September and to save money I would do a cove balcony for the six day and then move up to a higher deck balcony for the eight day.

What I would like to know from those who have had regular Deck 6 and higher balconies and have gone down to a cove balcony. How did it rate to a Deck 6 and higher? Better? Same? Was the balcony not usable due to weather anytime? Was there noise from Deck 3 above? (I'd book midship by the glass elevators)

Please give me your opinions. I do want to know what they are like because if the price is right I might opt to stay for both cruises in a Cove balcony....

Pictures, please do attach a picture of the cove balcony and so I can see how much hanging-over-the-balcony space is lost to the structure of the ship....

Thanks!

We haved cruised several times in a balcony cabin but had the opportunity to book a cove balcony on the Dream in 2010. We absolutely loved it! I loved being that close to the water. We did not have an issue with wind or bad weather so I can't speak to that. I personally enjoyed the cove balcony only slightly less than the huge balcony we had on the Sapphire Princess during our cruise to Alaska last year, but more so than the other balcony cabins we have had. I hope you enjoy your experience as much as we did! :)

Keep the cove balcony for both cruises. You will love not having to pack between the 2 weeks. That is one of the best things, at the end of week 1 when everyone else is going to pack, you can do whatever you want, since you have no packing to do...

I would also reccomend keeping the cove. Chances of them shutting it off would be very rare. It would take some very high seas.

The balconies above deck 5 look out onto deck 5 and the hot tubs below if you don't do your research as to the hot tub locations. There is less privacy on the higher decks due to the design of the extended deck 5.

The only reason I would upgrade from the cove would be to get an extended balcony or a suite with balcony. Just balcony for balcony though I feel the cove is better. You will love being closer to the water.

Back in May 2010 we were on the Carnival Dream for 21 days. Two of those weeks we were in a cove balcony and one week we were were in bacony cabin 6449. Both DH and I loved being in the cove balcony. It's not much, but the cove balcony was about 10 square foot larger than our balcony on deck 6. Also, the view from the coves was the best!!! I do agree it makes it much nicer on b2b cruises to stay in the same cabin whenever you can. On b2b's I also hate spending time packing to move to another cabin and then unpacking! Not only that, it is so wonderful being so close to the water. Also, due to the lanai area on deck 5, we found there was less privacy on the deck 6 balcony. It didn't bother us, but just know that in some of the balconies, the people walking on deck 5 or those in the hot tubs can look up and see you. Our balcony on deck 6 looked down on the outside barbecue area on deck 5. About the weather...this was our experience while in the cove: We were in Belize and it was pouring down rain, so we opted not to go ashore that time. Since the life boats hang higher above the cove balconies, it actually kind of extends the covered area over your balcony. As a result, during the down pour, we were able to sit out and just relax without getting soaked. Now if you enjoy getting a lot of sun on the balcony, you might not have as much as you would on a deck 6 balcony. Either way, I know you will have a great cruise.

Archived