ASMo Pick Up Times

christalannbutler

We are going to do a night before at the ASMovies. We have arranged to take the Disney Cruise Lines Bus to the port. Does anyone have any experience with doing this that can give some advise and maybe around what time they will pick us up? I'm not sure whether to buy tickets for the parks as I don't know how much time we will have, and if we are going to have luggage at baggage pickup?

We are going to do a night before at the ASMovies. We have arranged to take the Disney Cruise Lines Bus to the port. Does anyone have any experience with doing this that can give some advise and maybe around what time they will pick us up? I'm not sure whether to buy tickets for the parks as I don't know how much time we will have, and if we are going to have luggage at baggage pickup?

If you use DCL transfers from WDW resort to port you will be notified to leave your bags ready to go in your room by 8:00 (sometimes 8:30) am for pickup and transport to the ship. You will also be told what time the bus will be picking up at your specific resort. The DCL busses pick up between 11:30-12:30, and may have up to 2 more stops for pickups after yours. Do not be late (even 2 minutes) for this pick up, they will not wait.

The busses are scheduled based on how many people from each resort need transport. Your bags will go on a separate transport (truck) to the ship and you won't see them until they arrive at your room onboard.

The DCL busses generally arrive at the port about 1:30.

:)

Thanks! Do you happen to know the same thing getting off the ship? What time do you usually have to be off, and when do you get to the hotel?

When you disembark the ship, you go to the DCL transfer stand, tell the CM there your hotel and you will be directed to the next bus departing for that hotel.

DCL wants everyone off by 9:30 (DCL starts encouraging everyone toward the doors about 9:00)

It's about an hour transport time from the port to WDW. Depending on how many stops your particular bus may make, it could up up to 1 1/2 hours before you get to yours (I believe the maximum number of stops the busses make is 3).

:)

'Normal' off time is 9am ,but as we had a back to back recently we saw what really happens.

At 10. 20 am, there was 18 people still on the ship who had not left.

The new cruisers and back to back were delayed getting on as they didnt get off in time.

Note all 18 were 'seen' getting off so not a case of cards not being swiped.

Archived