Glory Upgrade

crusnbee

My TA just told me that we were upgraded on our upcoming Glory cruise because they are changing all of the balconies on the Panorama deck to two persons only and we have three. We were told that we are now in a category 8F Spa room. Is there any difference besides going up another floor? Can't find any information on this.

CJ:D

My TA just told me that we were upgraded on our upcoming Glory cruise because they are changing all of the balconies on the Panorama deck to two persons only and we have three. We were told that we are now in a category 8F Spa room. Is there any difference besides going up another floor? Can't find any information on this.

CJ:D

interesting- have not heard of this type of change. I know in November its doing the upgrades but no mention of taking whole decks of cabins and making it two persons. (cant imagine carnival losing revenue that way

but its only 8 balcony cabins --- (times two more extra people---go figure

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of 8F Spa balconies. We had one on Glory in 2010. No overhang above, so the balcony was useless in bad weather (and we had rain - a lot). The balcony door (cabin 1112) wouldn't secure properly, so when we used the balcony we had to wedge something into the track to keep it from sliding. Then we had noise from the stairwell coming down from Camp Carnival. The elevator on deck 12 (where Camp Carnival is located) is for special needs, so everyone was coming down the stairs to the deck 11 lobby for elevators. It was noisy. In my view, not a great change.:(

Yes, spa cabins are totally non - smoking... so if the op smokes they need to call Carnival....

I had a chance to take a spa cabin upgrade, but didnt do it because of the no overhang situation... bad on rainy days, bad when the sun is blazing hot, if you just want to hang out there in the daytime....

Then again, we had a balcony in deck 8 that had an overhang, no sunshine...

My favorite balcony deck was the lido deck cabins..

Thanks for all of the input. We are not smokers, so that does not matter. Not sure about the openness... We will probably try it just so we can judge for ourselves. Our favorite is the panorama deck, which is why we booked there to start with.

What about the room? Is it the same as the other balcony rooms? Just trying to figure out what makes this category special......

CJ

Thanks for all of the input. We are not smokers, so that does not matter. Not sure about the openness... We will probably try it just so we can judge for ourselves. Our favorite is the panorama deck, which is why we booked there to start with.

What about the room? Is it the same as the other balcony rooms? Just trying to figure out what makes this category special......

CJ

Hi

what makes it special is the use of portions of the spa. I don't know if this comes with a upgrade, but if you purchase a spa cabin you have the spa amenities.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

I am looking foward to my spa cabin on the breeze in three weeks.

Glory does not have spa access for spa cabins. The only thing that makes it a higher category is that it is on a higher floor. We stayed in a spa cabin on the Freedom (sister ship). I would not do a spa cabin again for the same reasons that others have listed. The people on the decks above you can look right down onto your balcony and we also found an ice cream cone and a few cigarette butts on our balcony throughout the cruise. Didn't ruin our cruise by any means but I wouldn't choose that cabin again if I had a choice.

CJ

I just upgraded to the Panorama deck, I am looking forward to my cruise in Jan.

CJ

The cabin itself is the same as any regular balcony cabin, with the exception that it has a sliding door to the balcony instead of the usual push/pull. Here are a couple of photos of 1112:

2089285430094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

2892985290094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

There are no spa benefits to being on Spa deck. The newer ships have benefits. However, it is convenient to the spa, and Glory still has a hot tub/pool in the spa area. The Spa deck also is convenient to the Serenity area. However, those benefits are not enough to get me to book another cabin on Spa deck.

Archived