Pride and Bridges

cwnhokie

We are sailing on the Pride next Sunday. We are headed to Baltimore today to visit my dad and I was thinking maybe we could stop somewhere to let the kids see the Pride. Does anyone know what time it sails under the Key Bridge or Bay Bridge and the best vantage point to watch?

The ship reaches the Key Bridge about 40 minutes after sailing and reaches the Bay Bridge about two hours after sailing. I can't say much about vantage points for viewing since we were aboard the ship:D, but I would think Fort McHenry would offer some pretty good views, based on our photo from the ship:

2182834860094346881S500x500Q85.jpg

You can try the Fort as mentioned, also there is Sandy Point State Park, which is near the Bay Bridge (too cold to actually swim there but its a nice area).

I believe the state park by the Key Bridge is North Point, but I am not 100% sure. I googled it and it looks right My friend goes to the dog park area there and it has a nice view of the bridge and some nice trails.

The Fort is free to get into, but the state parks might be a few dollars for parking.

We are sailing on the Pride next Sunday. We are headed to Baltimore today to visit my dad and I was thinking maybe we could stop somewhere to let the kids see the Pride. Does anyone know what time it sails under the Key Bridge or Bay Bridge and the best vantage point to watch?

I can tell you a great place, Fort Armistead Park. There is a slip and a lot of people go there for fishing, we have kayaked from there a few times and the Key Bridge is right there.

You can try the Fort as mentioned, also there is Sandy Point State Park, which is near the Bay Bridge (too cold to actually swim there but its a nice area).

I believe the state park by the Key Bridge is North Point, but I am not 100% sure. I googled it and it looks right My friend goes to the dog park area there and it has a nice view of the bridge and some nice trails.

The Fort is free to get into, but the state parks might be a few dollars for parking.

We have seen Pride go out from North Point State Park but i do not suggest it as a good viewing place, it's quite far from the ship and you can't see any detail of the ship. Otherwise it is a great park with grills and trails, it's just a few bucks to enter. My boyfriend lives in Baltimore and we go there all the time.

Fort Armistead is by far the best for seeing Pride, just a matter of timing, free to enter, not exactly a great recreational park for say cooking out or play areas, but good for watching the ship and other small boats/ships and fishing.

Lol! I've survived a few stays there, years ago.

My friend's dad works for the state.....do not go there....plus I have my issues with them and what happen to my now deceased dad.

But I don't want to get off track..OP there is a path you can watch and even have a picnic on to see the ship leave. I can not remember how close you would be, but it is relatively close.

We have seen Pride go out from North Point State Park but i do not suggest it as a good viewing place, it's quite far from the ship and you can't see any detail of the ship. Otherwise it is a great park with grills and trails, it's just a few bucks to enter. My boyfriend lives in Baltimore and we go there all the time.

Try Fort Howard Park, it's down the road past North Point Park..

Archived