Food Review - Allure of the Seas 9/23/12

a couple questions. how did you know when your room was ready? was there a specific day that the ships store had a sale on rccl items, shirts etc. we leave sunday,yahoo

thanks

They'll announce when the cabins are ready for guests.

And you shouldn't really post random questions in a random thread.

If you have any questions about anything allure, feel free to ask. This is my second trip aboard so I will try my best to answer!

I think this quote makes it OK for animallovers2 to ask " random" questions in a "random" thread.

thanks seeshore, I know my question might not be of interest to most, but I was just curious. sorry if it was a "random" question misterbill99

I know that I'm also interested in learning all I can about Allure before April. This is a great thread for culinary education and random stuff too. Lol

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but if this menu is also being used for Oasis, would the order each menu occurs be different? For example, on our Oasis Eastern itinerary, the formal nights are the 2nd and the 6th nights. I noticed on this thread, one of their formal nights was night 5, as opposed to night 6. I definitely do not want to miss Lobster night (2nd formal night?), or Surf n' Turf night (is that one on "smart casual" night?) because I'm at a specialty restaurant!

thanks seeshore, I know my question might not be of interest to most, but I was just curious. sorry if it was a "random" question misterbill99

It's a random question because it had nothing to do with the topic being discussed here which was the food on Allure and the new menus.

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but if this menu is also being used for Oasis, would the order each menu occurs be different? For example, on our Oasis Eastern itinerary, the formal nights are the 2nd and the 6th nights. I noticed on this thread, one of their formal nights was night 5, as opposed to night 6. I definitely do not want to miss Lobster night (2nd formal night?), or Surf n' Turf night (is that one on "smart casual" night?) because I'm at a specialty restaurant!

I would expect that the formal night menus would move to match the actual formal nights on your cruise. If you want lobster in the MDR, you probably do not want to eat at a specialty restaurant on formal night.

I would expect that the formal night menus would move to match the actual formal nights on your cruise. If you want lobster in the MDR, you probably do not want to eat at a specialty restaurant on formal night.

I was pretty sure that would be the case. Thanks for verifying this for me!

Hey guys, just got off the Allure of the Seas and have plenty of pictures of the new menu deliciousness my party encountered on board. I'll throw together pictures of the food, the menus, some comments on the meals, and maybe a few misc from the rest of the cruise.

If you have any questions about anything allure, feel free to ask. This is my second trip aboard so I will try my best to answer!

Hi, we're doing back-to-back cruises on Allure this winter and I'm excited to hear and see your food experiences! One question - does Windjammer have dinner and how is it if you know? Good food choices or not? With 2 cruises we're considering not doing formal nights and eating in all the speciality restaurants and Windjammers for dinners.

Looking forward to your posts!!!

Thanks for the great pictures!!

I am embarrassed to say we are RCI converts I think solely because of the chilled fruit "soups" offered as starters in the main dining room :o

My kids don't care what the cabin looks like or what ports we are stopping at, they just want the fruit soup appetizers, lol!!

We are on this Saturday (21 October) sailing. We are doing the Western. Not sure if you did W or E, but if Western, what nights were formal nights please

We just got off of the Allure Western cruise and the formal nights were Monday and Thursday (at sea days). Lobster was on Thursday (Fisherman's plate).

Archived