Transport options POM to Fll hotel

SuzanneH

Okay, I have searched and read through several threads but still can't find quite what I need :confused:. Please help this poor confused cruiser :o.

We are flying in/out of FLL, cruising out of POM, and will have a pre and post cruise hotel night in Fort Lauderdale. I have a car rental lined up for the day we arrive into FLL and will drop it off at MIA. My issue is on the return back to FLL. I really don't think I want to rent a car-- the rates have been pretty high for that day,and we have an early flight the next day so I really don't want to fight returning a rental car, either. Unfortunately I haven't seen anyone that has experience with a shuttle service from POM to a hotel in FLL, just to the airport. Any suggestions? I would prefer not to take a taxi, but would be interested as well in referrals to a car service, if it's reasonable. THANKS in advance!! I love these boards and all the info :D.

SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle should be happy to take you from POM to an FLL area hotel - they may drop others off at FLL first.

Depending upon how many are in your group, a limo from POM to your hotel may be a deal -- Larry's Limos is often suggested on these boards for Miami service and typical Miami to FLL area rates shoudl be the same or less than what a taxi would charge.

Good luck! :)

The shuttles wouldn't take us to the hotel we have reservations at in Ft. Lauderdale (too far from the airport), so we're reserved with Larry's Limo for December. Wasn't cheap by any means, but they were the cheapest I found that appeared reputable and were recommended on the boards.

SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle should be happy to take you from POM to an FLL area hotel - they may drop others off at FLL first.

Depending upon how many are in your group, a limo from POM to your hotel may be a deal -- Larry's Limos is often suggested on these boards for Miami service and typical Miami to FLL area rates shoudl be the same or less than what a taxi would charge.

Good luck! :)

Thank you, JohninDC!! I booked an airport area hotel for that night, so I will definitely check with those shuttle services. We certainly won't be in a hurry :). There are three in our party, so will check with Larry's Limo's, too.

The shuttles wouldn't take us to the hotel we have reservations at in Ft. Lauderdale (too far from the airport), so we're reserved with Larry's Limo for December. Wasn't cheap by any means, but they were the cheapest I found that appeared reputable and were recommended on the boards.

Thank you, Poppet1964 :). I will definitely check with Larry's Limo. Unfortunately the boat show is that weekend in FLL so a car rental certainly wasn't cheap, either, so might be the same to go with a limo-- that would be my justification, anyway :p.

Archived