Wine prices on Freedom of the seas

Tinkers70

We're on the sailing next sunday and I was looking at buying the gold wine package (5 bottles) for my husband.

The thing is i'm not sure he'll get through 5 bottles of wine in a week and I hate the stuff lol

Would it be wiser for us to just buy a bottle as and when he needs it? Any idea how much a bottle of wine costs on the ship? And....if we buy it by the bottle (if we can), are we allowed to take it to our room as we have a balcony and it would be nice for hubby to sit out there with a glass of wine or would he have to keep it in the MDR?

We're on the sailing next sunday and I was looking at buying the gold wine package (5 bottles) for my husband.

The thing is i'm not sure he'll get through 5 bottles of wine in a week and I hate the stuff lol

Would it be wiser for us to just buy a bottle as and when he needs it? Any idea how much a bottle of wine costs on the ship? And....if we buy it by the bottle (if we can), are we allowed to take it to our room as we have a balcony and it would be nice for hubby to sit out there with a glass of wine or would he have to keep it in the MDR?

Here's a link to a thread that discusses the wine package vs individual prices:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129043

You can take one or more full or partially full bottles back to your stateroom.

Compare the prices. We drink white zin, pinot grigio and riesling. Riesling isn't on the gold package, but the other two are. We wouldn't save anything buying the gold package and very little with the platinum so we just decided to buy individual bottles as we need them since the MDR will hold partial bottles to be drank the next night.

i've just purchased the Platinum package (5 bottles). I haven't got a clue about wine as I don't drink it but I just figured it would be easier for us to pre-purchase it before we leave.

Now that i've purchased this, do I need to do anything when we board the ship or just wait to our first meal in the MDR and inform them we have purchased this package?

i've just purchased the Platinum package (5 bottles). I haven't got a clue about wine as I don't drink it but I just figured it would be easier for us to pre-purchase it before we leave.

Now that i've purchased this, do I need to do anything when we board the ship or just wait to our first meal in the MDR and inform them we have purchased this package?

You should not have to do anything when you board. Your waiter should tell you about your package and ask what you would like for the first night. Also, I would bring a paper copy of your purchase receipt, just in case.

You should not have to do anything when you board. Your waiter should tell you about your package and ask what you would like for the first night. Also, I would bring a paper copy of your purchase receipt, just in case.

Thank you, will print out my confirmation and take it with us:)

Archived