Rookie Question

christalannbutler

I have not sailed yet (November can't come quick enough) but from what I have gathered about fish extenders, is this: you "meet" up with people here on the board who are sailing at the same time and the two groups/families decide to exchange gifts on the cruise. The fish extender is a long rectangular pocket style thing that hangs from dowels on the outside of your door. Ideally there is a pocket for each person in the room but I think I am doing one pocket for me and my hubby and one for each kid so a total of 3. Anyway, you go to your friend's rooms and leave little gifts (candy, small toys etc...) in their pockets and they do the same for you. My daughter (7) is already excited about getting and giving gifts and I ordered a fish extender on etsy. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/101819977/disney-cruise-line-3-pocket-fish) Apparently on one of the Disney ships there were fish head decor on the outside of the door---this is where the pockets were hung----hence the name fish extender! Have a great trip and I hoped i helped.

I didn't see one FE on our trip on the dream this weekend. Was going to do it next time but don't think I will bother. I just decorated our door and thought some of it might be swiped but it wasn't.

Generally, the shorter cruises don't tend to have as many FE exchanges. Now, some do, but most people just don't have the time to spend delivering gifts.

The longer cruises (with DCL cruisers that have BTDT) are more active in this.

:)

Generally, the shorter cruises don't tend to have as many FE exchanges. Now, some do, but most people just don't have the time to spend delivering gifts.

The longer cruises (with DCL cruisers that have BTDT) are more active in this.

Over on the Disney forum there was a whole gang of people doing it for our trip so I was expecting to see at least 1 or 2, but no, not even 1. I will need to pop over there to see how it went and what goodies they all made/received.

Now when I am out shopping for something regular I see things and think that would make a good FE gift!:D

Over on the Disney forum there was a whole gang of people doing it for our trip so I was expecting to see at least 1 or 2, but no, not even 1. I will need to pop over there to see how it went and what goodies they all made/received.

Now when I am out shopping for something regular I see things and think that would make a good FE gift!:D

How many is a "whole gang"? :D The Dream accomodates up to 4,000 guests, so it would be possible to not see any. Especially if most of them were in Concierge.

Archived