Brazil Visa

vaitape

We used Travisa.

It was less expensive and easier than killing a whole day going to Houston. I started by asking one of my clients to ask his mother-in-law to stand in line for us, but that didn't fly. After he stopped laughing, he declined on her behalf.

Marilyn

We used Travisa.

It was less expensive and easier than killing a whole day going to Houston. I started by asking one of my clients to ask his mother-in-law to stand in line for us, but that didn't fly. After he stopped laughing, he declined on her behalf.

Marilyn

LOL. At least you didn't ask him to send HIS mother.

Mura

Has anyone used a visa service to obtain a Brazil visa recently?

Just a minor point - it may take longer to get a visa using a service than doing it yourself. For example the Atlanta consular services website says:

"If you apply by mail, the processing time is 5 business days. Visas submitted by visa service or travel agency take up to 20 business days to be processed. Anyone can submit the visa paperwork on the applicant's behalf. There is an extra 20 dollar fee for third parties (except direct family members)." And same day if you go in person. You do have to check your appropriate office though because this might vary.

If you are in the US, look here for the office that handles your request:

http://washington.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/consular_and_visa_services.xml

I got my visa in Toronto and apart from my not realizing they needed my flights as well as my cruise info, it was effortless. However I am lucky enough to be able to get there easily.

We live in the LA jurisdiction and the Brazil Consulate there has a 12 business day turn around time. We would have to make the 200+ mile round trip twice and to us, using a visa service is just plain easier. O's visa package gave us a mighty pause cost wise so that's why I posted my question.

I hoped to find a service that charged less than $100 per application so while I was checking out the suggestions posted above, I found the Brazil Visa Center. Their office is located in the same building as the Brazil Consulate and has a $49 fee per application. Our visa apps should be processed and our passports on their way back to us by 23 Oct. (delay of 1 day due to the Columbus Day holiday).

Thanks very much for your help...we saved a significant amount of $$$ and time.

Archived