Pearl Chartered in 2014 for 2 months???

SuiteRose

Could she being used for the Winter Olympics and the Paralympics in Sochi, Russia as a hotel?

Her sister ship Jade is. Also the Olympics are in Jan/Feb. Jade's cruises from that period did get cancelled this August.

Edited by Demonyte

As you can tell from my member name - I am a massive fan of reggae music. We are taking the "Welcome to Jamrock" reggae cruise in October of 2014 on the Pearl. Itinerary is Miami to Montego Bay, Jamaica, to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and back to Miami. Three of Bob Marley's sons will be on the ship, as well as many other stars of reggae music.

This will be our first cruise since 2003. Really looking forward to it. :cool:

Could she being used for the Winter Olympics and the Paralympics in Sochi, Russia as a hotel?

No, I think it's actually being used for charters. We're going on a Sixthman cruise (with the band Train) Feb 14-18 out of Miami.

Florida Georgia Line just announced today they have chartered the Pearl for a 4 night cruise Nov 8-12 to GSC named after their hit song Cruise. This is a Sixthman event that can only be sailed on booking through them. My DW DD and I sailed on Carnival Inspiration Labor Day 2009 with Sixthman on Sailing Southern Ground with Zac Brown.

We have never had a more fun on ship experience than a Sixthman Cruise. Music and bars 24 x7 with multiple bands playing all over the ship. They are a premium but well worth it as long as you like the venue.

Hi Green4me, The cruise I am looking at is the Mountain Song at Sea with the Steep Canyons Rangers, Della Mae, David Grisman etc. This is what they are calling a partial charter. Any idea how this works? How will the Sixthman folks be separated from the other passengers? The price of the Sixthman cruise is about double that of the regular cruise fare. Will you be paying extra for the music that the whole ship is going to get to experience regardless? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

go to ncl.com... hover mouse on "learn about our cruises"... then "music themed cruises".... and it shows all the sailings for that period.... the pearl always gets chartered at that time... for all different type of music themed cruises...(kiss, kid rock, paramore, country, etc.......)

Hi Green4me, The cruise I am looking at is the Mountain Song at Sea with the Steep Canyons Rangers, Della Mae, David Grisman etc. This is what they are calling a partial charter. Any idea how this works? How will the Sixthman folks be separated from the other passengers? The price of the Sixthman cruise is about double that of the regular cruise fare. Will you be paying extra for the music that the whole ship is going to get to experience regardless? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

In the case of partial charter, some venues will be restricted to the passengers in that group so there might not be "music that the whole ship is going to experience regardless" at all - I doubt that they'd build the stage on top of the pool on such cruise like they do on many regular music charters. They can have shows for example in Bliss Lounge, Spinnaker Lounge or Stardust Theatre that are closed from other passengers at that time. The passengers in that group can have lanyards, wristbands or something similar to mark them as a part of the group and get the access to private functions.

As a regular passenger, I'd try to not book a cruise that has a large private group onboard. We had that once (on Pearl in 2011) and to be honest, it was annoying that they were everywhere (it was a religious group that had a lot of kids) and in addition they had a lot of private functions that limited the use of public spaces from regular passengers.