YEAH! First time in a JS

hi - I am so excited for my cruise in November on Splendour. We initially booked a balcony cabin (smallest one). Right before final payment, we switched to a balcony guarantee for a slight savings. About 3 weeks later we were assigned our initial cabin again :) Then last week, the price went down dramatically and a W guarantee were offered at a lower price than we paid. I called my TA to get moved. We were assigned a JS midship. I called my TA again to move us to the port side for the sailaway from Venice....

Now I just need to pack.....I've never had a JS but I know on Splendour the JS are smaller than they are on other ships but I am ok with it since we initially had the smallest balcony on the ship.

Just had to share the good news and that it can all work out!

Dena

I am happy for you. I am often tempted to switch to a JS when prices go down at the end but I never do. I am afraid my husband and I will like it too much and then be disappointed when we can't do it every time! :D

Have a wonderful cruise!

We usually booked balcony and were always interested in the suites but were not sure. After our last cruise around New Zealand a couple was talking about Grand Suite and the perks.

So, I wanted to be pampered for once and we skipped the Jr's and went right to the Grand Suite. So, we tried to book on NOS before crhistmas and there were no GS's and asked to be put on a waiting list for a GS. There happened to be a RFS avail so they gave it to us. We can not wait to see that room. I think the balcony is larger then some of the cabins. Enjoy your cruise.

We usually booked balcony and were always interested in the suites but were not sure. After our last cruise around New Zealand a couple was talking about Grand Suite and the perks.

So, I wanted to be pampered for once and we skipped the Jr's and went right to the Grand Suite. So, we tried to book on NOS before crhistmas and there were no GS's and asked to be put on a waiting list for a GS. There happened to be a RFS avail so they gave it to us. We can not wait to see that room. I think the balcony is larger then some of the cabins. Enjoy your cruise.

Not room, but rooms. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and living/dining area with a huge balcony. ENJOY. Also, double cruise points.

hi - I am so excited for my cruise in November on Splendour. We initially booked a balcony cabin (smallest one). Right before final payment, we switched to a balcony guarantee for a slight savings. About 3 weeks later we were assigned our initial cabin again :) Then last week, the price went down dramatically and a W guarantee were offered at a lower price than we paid. I called my TA to get moved. We were assigned a JS midship. I called my TA again to move us to the port side for the sailaway from Venice....

Now I just need to pack.....I've never had a JS but I know on Splendour the JS are smaller than they are on other ships but I am ok with it since we initially had the smallest balcony on the ship.

Just had to share the good news and that it can all work out!

Dena

Nice! We started out in a balcony. Then Jr's and now we are in OS. You'll be spoiled from now on! Our next cruise we want to try an RS....

Enjoy!

Earl & Kathy

We are finally going to be in our first JS in Nov on the Oasis. We too started out in a smaller D5 then upgraded to midship D7 when prices dropped and finally spent an extra $700 on a Tuesday sale to get a JS midship We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary as well as both of our birthdays so it was warranted! As a bonus we double cruise credits! No we will cross our fingers for an upgrade to a GS! :p

I am happy for you. I am often tempted to switch to a JS when prices go down at the end but I never do. I am afraid my husband and I will like it too much and then be disappointed when we can't do it every time! :D

Have a wonderful cruise!

You are right about the risk of getting a JS the first time.... We started out with window cabins, then we had a balcony..... The balcony was GREAT... We vowed that we would always get at least a balcony room. No more 'closet' rooms for us.... :D

Then this last cruise we got a Junior Suite..... Now there are many mixed emotions.... The JS is so much nicer than a balcony room. So we decided that the balcony is still the minimum cabin we would get, but always go with the JS if the price differential is not too much.

Archived