Welcome Aboard Booklet/Package from NCL?

Avril

I know I asked this before but I can't find the answer so I'm sorry for having to ask again!! :o

I know you get some sort of booklet/package from NCL a little bit before you sail (the Welcome Aboard Booklet I think it's called). I'm just wondering, what's in it and when does it usually arrive? We're sailing on the Epic for New Years (sailing December 29th) and we have made final payment (on September 26th I think)!! :D It's my 1st NCL cruise so I'm super excited!!!! :D

Thanks!!!! :D

OK, just for fun I read thru the booklet! Is this one out of date? It said that the daily service charge is $10 pp per day, but I am sure that I read on Cruise Critic that it is $12.00. Which is correct? Also, it said that a passport is definitely required (in at least two places), which we have of course. But people are still talking on Cruise Critic about being able to use the certified birth certificate. Which is correct? And, it said that NO alcohol is allowed to be brought on board either at embarkation or in port but again, on Cruise Critic, people say that you can bring on one bottle per person and pay a corkage fee. Which is correct? Just curious!

OK, just for fun I read thru the booklet! Is this one out of date? It said that the daily service charge is $10 pp per day, but I am sure that I read on Cruise Critic that it is $12.00. Which is correct? Also, it said that a passport is definitely required (in at least two places), which we have of course. But people are still talking on Cruise Critic about being able to use the certified birth certificate. Which is correct? And, it said that NO alcohol is allowed to be brought on board either at embarkation or in port but again, on Cruise Critic, people say that you can bring on one bottle per person and pay a corkage fee. Which is correct? Just curious!

Yes, your book is out of date. The DSC has gone up to $12 pp/pd. You can bring as much wine onboard as you want, there is no limit to the bottles. But you will be charged $15 for each bottle (and I believe it's $30 for the magnum size). You just can't bring any other type of alcohol.

As for the passports, that depends on the itinerary. If you're a US citizen and are doing a closed loop cruise from a US homeport (meaning the cruise starts and ends in the same port), a certified birth certificate and government issued photo ID is all that's required.

I booked a guaranteed balcony and when my book came it didn't say much. I was made to believe this book would help and almost made it like a cruise for dummies book. It didn't. First cruise and all the stuff we have found out was from this forum and research on our own. the book is just a reminder that the calendar is slow, but your cruise is on it's way.

Mine has the luggage tags in the middle, however, I've been upgraded since then so they have the wrong cabin number. I am going to get marker and try and fix it as they are orange and say "priority".

Check your cruise documents on line. The luggage tags there may have the correct cabin number.

the book is just a reminder that the calendar is slow, but your cruise is on it's way.

LOL, love it!! :D And very true as well, the calendar is super slow when waiting for a cruise (but yes, mine is on the way)!! :D

As others have said your luggage tags are included. The book is always fun to get. Makes me excited!

Thanks!! :D And definatly fun to get, anytime I get anything from the cruiseline about an upcoming cruise it makes me excited!!!! :D

Yea, we got ours about a month and a half ago. Here is a link to the basic info you get with the packet so you can take a look at it. http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pdfs/locale-us/welcome_aboard/8299_welcome_Bk.pdf

Thanks so much!! :D That'll give me some fun and exciting reading while I wait for our real one to arrive!!!! :D

Mine has the luggage tags in the middle, however, I've been upgraded since then so they have the wrong cabin number. I am going to get marker and try and fix it as they are orange and say "priority".

Rather than trying to change them, just throw them away. The priority part of it does no good. Instead of having hand written and typed numbers on there to get folks confused, the porters have good luggage tags when you check in.

I thought that priority bit for suites would gain something, but you'll get your bags when everyone else does.:D:D

I tried changing ours last year when we moved up to a bigger suite, they were such a mess the porters couldn't read them. Speaking from experience.;)

I think ours arrived about 45 days out.

Ooooo, maybe it'll be waiting for us then when we get back from our Transatlantic cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam, that'll be about 45 days out (I think, we get home on November 11th)!! :DSomething exciting to come home to!!!! :D

Rather than trying to change them, just throw them away. The priority part of it does no good. Instead of having hand written and typed numbers on there to get folks confused, the porters have good luggage tags when you check in.

I thought that priority bit for suites would gain something, but you'll get your bags when everyone else does.:D:D

I tried changing ours last year when we moved up to a bigger suite, they were such a mess the porters couldn't read them. Speaking from experience.;)

Thanks for the insight. I will do that.

As for the passports, that depends on the itinerary. If you're a US citizen and are doing a closed loop cruise from a US homeport (meaning the cruise starts and ends in the same port), a certified birth certificate and government issued photo ID is all that's required.

However it is a good idea to have your passport with in case of emergency in foreign port and you have to fly home.

OK. Thanks for the confirmation. That info I read came from the one in the link to NCL so probably should not send newbies to that one! :)

I am soooo sorry about that. :o I got the link from my friend and didn't realize it was out of date. I won't post it again. I am glad you pointed it out though since it's my first NCL cruise as well and I didn't actually read the one I got in the mail.

If you get the electronic documents, do you still get this booklet? I sail in 9 days and have not received it. I did print my edocs online though.

The booklet doesn't contain your boarding pass, it's just informational except for the luggage tags. You may or may not receive it. NCL has not been consistent about mailing them out to everyone. There's been talk for the last couple of years about phasing that booklet out but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who gets and who doesn't. If you don't receive it, all of the same info is on NCL's website and you can print luggage tags from your account so you won't really be missing anything. Though it is always a good feeling to see it in the mail and know your cruise is getting closer!

Your luggage tags are in it. They have your name and cabin number on them.

Yea! Im impressed already! Im used to having to print those off the computer and then reinforce them with clear packing tape! So one less thing for me to have to do. :)

The booklet doesn't contain your boarding pass, it's just informational except for the luggage tags. You may or may not receive it. NCL has not been consistent about mailing them out to everyone. There's been talk for the last couple of years about phasing that booklet out but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who gets and who doesn't. If you don't receive it, all of the same info is on NCL's website and you can print luggage tags from your account so you won't really be missing anything. Though it is always a good feeling to see it in the mail and know your cruise is getting closer!

I'll be disappointed if i don't receive it. It's one of those things that really hits home that my cruise is almost here.

When I booked my 2 upcoming cruises on Monday, my NCL rep told me they're phasing out the luggage tags. He told me it won't be long until they're phased out entirely. It's probably just a matter of when the current stockpile sitting in a storage closet somewhere runs out.

You may or may not receive it. NCL has not been consistent about mailing them out to everyone.

You mean, I may not get it AT ALL!!??!! :eek: :eek: I'd be so disappointed, :( that's one of the things I've been looking forward to most about my 1st NCL cruise!!!! :D

Archived