Ground Transportation for Luggage in S. Africa

eegebe16

A group of six related cruisers will do a relatively brief post-cruise in Cape Town following our arrival on the Oceania Nautilus on 04 January. We then fly off from C.T. on 08 January to do a relatively brief safari at a camp which is a short flight away from Johannesburg, where we depart for the U.S. Our problem is that we can carry only a small amount of luggage on the flight between Cape Town and the small airport near the safari camp. Can anybody suggest the best way to get our unaccompanied cruise luggage to Johannesburg? My guess is that our only option is to find ground transportation. Any suggestions?

Are you staying overnight in Johannesburg? If so could you send your luggage there? Call the hotel how to do this.

Might also want to check on the Oceania and Africa Ports of Call forums.

A group of six related cruisers will do a relatively brief post-cruise in Cape Town following our arrival on the Oceania Nautilus on 04 January. We then fly off from C.T. on 08 January to do a relatively brief safari at a camp which is a short flight away from Johannesburg, where we depart for the U.S. Our problem is that we can carry only a small amount of luggage on the flight between Cape Town and the small airport near the safari camp. Can anybody suggest the best way to get our unaccompanied cruise luggage to Johannesburg? My guess is that our only option is to find ground transportation. Any suggestions?

We used a great agent in South Africa who made all the arrangements for our trip. She organized an international meeting for a group of physicians. She arranged for an overnight in a secure B&B near the Johannesburg airport so that we could rest after 18+ hours of travel, before proceeding on to Sun City, where the meeting was to be held. There, she arranged all the activities and entertainment for the group. From there, sent us all in different directions, based on our interests, budget and time frame. We went to Tinga Game Lodge in Kruger National Park. http://www.tinga.co.za/ It was an amazing trip and Vivienne took care of every detail! If you just need luggage moved, I don't know if this is something she would handle without making your travel arrangements too, but she might. I can't say enough about our experience. The whole 2 week trip was FABULOUS!!! :)

I don't think I'm allowed to mention her company's name, but you can email me at janandarno@gmail.com if you would like the contact information.

Archived