Cancelling Early Saver

gambler

I under if you cancel before final is due, they keep $50 and the rest of the deposit can be held for a future cruise.

What if one of the original people is not going on the new cruise? Can the whole deposit go towards one person and a new person be added? Does this make sense?

I am sure someone out here will have the right answer for you. For me personally early saver is too risky. I booked our miracle cruise for April 2014 for a grand total of $2493 for 4 people balcony using past guest rate. The same room under early saver was only 20 dollars less because they charged for unobstructed view balcony, midship fee, then a fee for booking one more deck up. So for 20 dollars less it is not worth the risk of paying 200 dollars for a date change and no name changes allowed. All the way up until final payment if I see a lower rate I will get it and if I have to cancel there is zero penalty.

My friend paid the deposit for herself and another person. She is thinking of cancelling and rebooking with someone else. So can she get the balance of the two deposits put towards her share and rebook with a difference person?

I am sure someone out here will have the right answer for you. For me personally early saver is too risky. I booked our miracle cruise for April 2014 for a grand total of $2493 for 4 people balcony using past guest rate. The same room under early saver was only 20 dollars less because they charged for unobstructed view balcony, midship fee, then a fee for booking one more deck up. So for 20 dollars less it is not worth the risk of paying 200 dollars for a date change and no name changes allowed. All the way up until final payment if I see a lower rate I will get it and if I have to cancel there is zero penalty.

yes, but AFTER finaly payment, you get nothing.....and ES bookers get OBC....if they arelucky enough!

yes, but AFTER finaly payment, you get nothing.....and ES bookers get OBC....if they arelucky enough!

I have got obc with every es rate we ever booked, which is just about 75% of our cruise. We like ES. I can still get obc or upgrades up until 2 days before sailing.

My friend paid the deposit for herself and another person. She is thinking of cancelling and rebooking with someone else. So can she get the balance of the two deposits put towards her share and rebook with a difference person?

Your friend can get the deposit back in her name she'll just have to ask Carnival for a form to fill out proving that she paid the deposit~ Unfortunately she will not be able to use the balance for another person as the deposits are marked Early Saver which has no name changes~

You are correct. If there is a price drop after final payment (75 days for this cruise) I will not get it but I can live with that as the no name change and a 50 per person fee to change dates is too risky for me. My teen daughter could have switched boyfriends untold times in that period ;) . I am sure for some the price does drop after final payment, but I usually see the rates going up as sail date gets closer.

Not a Good Idea to book a Cruise with a daughter's boyfriend in the same group. UNLESS that boy is going to pay his part up front. I would NEVER pay for a non family member, because they could change their mind at anytime and your out the money.

Not a Good Idea to book a Cruise with a daughter's boyfriend in the same group. UNLESS that boy is going to pay his part up front. I would NEVER pay for a non family member, because they could change their mind at anytime and your out the money.

I don't mind fronting him the deposit because I can get that back if he backs out before final payment. When final payment comes due it is pony up full amount or drop out! If I was married and retired ES would be something I would do.

Archived