CP Mailbox question

Fantazy

I want to start by thanking everyone who posts here. I have just booked my first cruise and have learned so much thanks to your generosity.

There have been comments made on several posts about the Princess Patter being delivered to your "mailbox". A friend of mine who has cruised before states that the slide the PP under your door late at night.

Which is correct? And if they deliver it to a mailbox, where are the mailboxes located?

On another note, where do you obtain the nifty countdown clocks? I found a ticker, but would like a clock that is a bit more "detailed".

Thanks!

I want to start by thanking everyone who posts here. I have just booked my first cruise and have learned so much thanks to your generosity.

There have been comments made on several posts about the Princess Patter being delivered to your "mailbox". A friend of mine who has cruised before states that the slide the PP under your door late at night.

Which is correct? And if they deliver it to a mailbox, where are the mailboxes located?

On another note, where do you obtain the nifty countdown clocks? I found a ticker, but would like a clock that is a bit more "detailed".

Thanks!

Fantazy,

Welcome aboard:D

On most Princess ships there is a "mailbox" outside your cabin door. It shows your cabin number and also holds a card with your name on it. You will find all kinds of things stashed in it during your cruise....sales flyers from the shops, art auction announcements, MUTS tickets or other ship's communications. We almost always find our Patter our bed each night - along with a chocolate ;).

Thank you for the swift response.

I booked this cruise thinking it would be a nice relaxing time....and something different from land based European excursions. However, the more I read here the more I "fear" that cruising will become an addiction:eek: ;)

An addiction? Perhaps, but you won't get hauled off to Betty Ford for it.

I might suggest asking your steward for two copies of the Patter. My DH and I like to do different things, and it's convenient to be able to discuss them before one of us manages to stagger to Guest Services for a second copy.

E

Our Patter was in our mailbox, too. You had an exceptionally nice steward!! Way to go!And, yes, 2 copies is better, and we'll ask for an extra on the Star in Oct.That way we will both know when and where the activities are located. Lynne

PS. Fantazy-we were "treated " to our first cruise in 1998 by our next door neighbors-Sun Princess. They moved back to Uruguay and it wasn't until 2001 that we could afford our own cruise. That was on the Golden Princess. Since then, we've been on the Grand, Zuiderdam,and Caribbean Princess. I finally convinced Hubby that it was the most economical way to take a vacation. This week we are driving from Florida to Ohio to see relatives-only 5 days. You'd think we're going on a major excursion with all the advanced planning-motels, restaurants, gas--etc.A cruise is one-stop for us-we drive to the port, park the car and we're living "high" for a week! You're right-it can be addicting!!

Archived