Must bring back to states????

seb1104mom

What is "hot" in Aruba to shop for?

Best things to buy in Aruba

Local specialties & handmade items?

I can purchase the same Gouda cheese at home that I can purchase in Aruba, but I cannot purchase the island's Balashi beer or Amstel Bright only available for purchase in Aruba, Bonaire or Curacao.

Being a desert island, Aruba does not produce much in the way of agriculture with the exception of aloe. There are Aruba Aloe products sold in various locations throughout the island. Aruba Aloe products are also available via online ordering.

• 2 months later...

DW and I like to get something from every port that is made by local crafters. Most of the time it is some kind of carving or shell work. Sometimes it is just a t-shirt or magnet or shot glass. But something that we can say was purchased at that specific port.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember this one old wood "handcrafted item" that we were assured was local artisan work... The bottom came loose to find they added a piece of wood and shellacked over the made in china info....I can't remember the Caribbean port but it was a creative fake with slightly misleading salesmanship ...so I take photos or buy postcards to bring back for my keep sakes.....

I like the Aruba Aloe Special Care body lotion. It is made in Aruba from Aruba's aloe plants. They have a store right in the cruise terminal so I always pick up couple of bottles on the way back to the ship.

The aloe products are good, but they can all be purchased online. I don't know if they are less expensive purchasing on the island, but as I usually fly with carry-on bags only, can't bring back large bottles of anything.

Archived