QM2 B2 v B5 Cabins

anniegb

Location - B2 are more mid ships - otherwise they are identical. B5 is the "entry" level for the in-hull balconies - so if you book one, as there are only four the chances are you will be "upgraded" to an identical cabin in a slightly better location. If location is not important to you (eg proximity to elevator) go with a B5 Guarantee and spend the difference at the Spa or in the Commodore Club.

Location - B2 are more mid ships - otherwise they are identical. B5 is the "entry" level for the in-hull balconies - so if you book one, as there are only four the chances are you will be "upgraded" to an identical cabin in a slightly better location. If location is not important to you (eg proximity to elevator) go with a B5 Guarantee and spend the difference at the Spa or in the Commodore Club.

Thanks very much - very helpful. I did not think there was a big difference but was unsure - I'll save the money. :)

Thanks again

Annie

I booked the B5 guarantee cabin on an upcoming voyage and it has already been mentioned there are only 4 of these cabins at the rear of deck 4. My "upgrade" to B3 was a cabin at the rear of deck 5, which was even further back than the B5 cabins as deck 5 is longer. Its a long walk to D stairway and still you are at the rear of the ship with a long walk to get the the main public areas. Also, if the seas are rough, the ride near the stern of the ship is not as good as being midship. I decided that if I had to be at one end of the ship or the other, I would rather be forward and after a few phone calls, my travel agent got me a cabin on deck five between A and B stairwells (closer to A) which suits me fine and still a B3. Also, as already mentioned, the cabins are identical.

Fortunately my B3 is midships just where we like it!

I like the midships B2s. But not all B2s are midships. The midships B2s are on deck 5. The B2s on deck 6 are more forward or aft, with the B1s in the middle. I had a forward B2 (under the Winter Garden) last winter. It was quiet, but a long hike to dinner. For my next voyage, I've got a B2 on deck 5. I'm not sure I'd want a B1 if it meant being under the Kings Court where they endlessly trundle those carts of dishes around.

Of course, these cabin grades all change in the spring...

I have had a stateroom under Kings Court and never heard a thing. As I said we are in a B3 not a B2 and have sailed many times on QM2 and our preference is for a midships position or sometimes next to the Commodore Club as we were last World Cruise. Not too far to stagger!

B3 (or whatever is on Deck 5) have the advantage of having passenger cabins rather than public spaces both above and below you, therefore likely to be quieter.

Deck 5 has B2s midships and (I think) B3s fore and aft. We've been there before and it's perfect for a TA--nice sheltered balcony and the smooth low/midships ride.

We booked B5 guarantee cabins without realising that all four are directly above G32 nightclub :eek:. To our relief we have been allocated a B3 :D on deck five. Hopefully there will be no further change as we are very happy with the location.

We booked the B5 also. We were upgraded (no charge) to B2, but it was on deck 6, waaaaay aft, near the "kid's zone". I looked to see what was still available more midship and found and requested a B2 cabin on Deck 5 midship!

We are very happy with our location! :D

Archived