Room location on Deck 9

rockport

I am about to put a hold on my Veranda Concierge Room on the Riviera - Deck 9. My choices are mid-ship. I noticed though that above the room I have on hold, on Deck 10, there appear to be some "inner rooms" directly above it. Should I avoid this choice due to potential noise from above? I could move down a little bit on Deck 9, 2 rooms over, facing an inner room. However, above this room, on Deck 10, there would be no inner rooms above it. Thanks!

I am about to put a hold on my Veranda Concierge Room on the Riviera - Deck 9. My choices are mid-ship. I noticed though that above the room I have on hold, on Deck 10, there appear to be some "inner rooms" directly above it. Should I avoid this choice due to potential noise from above? I could move down a little bit on Deck 9, 2 rooms over, facing an inner room. However, above this room, on Deck 10, there would be no inner rooms above it. Thanks!

b_094711.jpg

Oceania does not attract a raucous crowd, so it is unlikely that you will hear any noise at all on a deck with passenger cabins both above AND below your cabin.

Deck 9 is perfectly situated, as far as that goes.

I would suggest that you choose your room for its proximity to the Elevators.

b_094804.jpg

b_094847.jpg

I am confused

Most of the cabins on deck 9 are under cabins on deck 10

I do not see any inner spaces that would affect you :confused:

What cabin number are you looking at?

What am I missing here

:confused:

I am confused

Most of the cabins on deck 9 are under cabins on deck 10

I do not see any inner spaces that would affect you :confused:

What cabin number are you looking at?

What am I missing here

:confused:

I am booking a room on Deck 9. I noticed that above those rooms (Deck 10) there are some "inner rooms" above the room I selected. I was just concerned that I may hear noise from above. I am now convinced that it shouldn't really be a concern. I will be mid ship.

b_094711.jpg

Oceania does not attract a raucous crowd, so it is unlikely that you will hear any noise at all on a deck with passenger cabins both above AND below your cabin.

Deck 9 is perfectly situated, as far as that goes.

I would suggest that you choose your room for its proximity to the Elevators.

b_094804.jpg

b_094847.jpg

Thanks! I will not be concerned for noise. I will be about 9 doors away from the elevators so that should be good too. Don't want to be right next to them either due to potential activity outside your door. Plus, I'll probably use the stairs when I can to burn off some of those extra calories!

I am booking a room on Deck 9. I noticed that above those rooms (Deck 10) there are some "inner rooms" above the room I selected. I was just concerned that I may hear noise from above. I am now convinced that it shouldn't really be a concern. I will be mid ship.

Once you close the cabin door you usually hear nothing

At least that is what I found on Marina (the sister ship)

If you are talking about inner spaces across the hall ..you will not hear anything

I have to echo Lyn in that with a closed door you don't generally hear noise.

I've mentioned before one of our first cruises on Renaissance on the R2 (now Regatta) where our room was directly opposite the laundrette. One afternoon I opened our door to discover at least a dozen people chattering away as they waited for their laundry to finish. It sounded like a cocktail party in the hallway, but we heard absolutely nothing inside our room.

Mura

Archived